Menu Monday!





Good Morning!

My weekly post of cooking and meal planning inspiration for you! :)


Monday was leftovers so I didn't need to cook anything until Tuesday. On Tuesday I cooked up a pound of Jimmy Dean sausage and added lots of  veggies with it.  While that was going I started some brown Jasmine rice in my Instant Pot..


When the rice had finished cooking I added it (about 3 cups) to the sausage and veggies.  I added some extra seasoning, salt, pepper, garlic. This was simple and tasted so good!


I made a salad and baked a package of Jiffy Corn Muffins to go with the meal


We had this for a couple of nights before moving on to BBQ burgers. I've had a lot of fun trying out different things with my burgers. Last week I shared how I added feta cheese to them.  This week I tried something new. 


I made bacon swiss burgers. I started by cooking up some bacon. I did it in the oven because it's pretty quick this way and easy clean up. I cooked the whole pound so I could have use it later in the week. 

I line my tray with parchment paper and lay out the bacon. Heat the oven to 400 and bake it for about 45 minutes. The time really depends on how crisp you  want your bacon. For this I wanted crispy.








I took 3 slices and crumbled it up. I also took one slice of swiss cheese and cut it up into small pieces. Grated swiss would work too, but I had the slices. I cut up a little bit of onion as well..




To 1 pound of hamburger I added salt, pepper, season salt, a little Montreal Steak Seasoning and garlic. Then I added my bacon, cheese and onions..



Mixed this well and formed it into 3 patties for the grill..




The end result was wonderful! We really enjoyed these burgers. I still think the feta cheese were better but hubby said he liked these better. 



The following night my hubby said pizza sounded good. He told me this later in the day and I didn't really want to hassle with making pizza dough. Instead I pulled out a loaf of french bread from the freezer to make them.



I didn't want to end up with soggy bread so here is what I did to prevent that...

I melted 4T of butter and added a couple teaspoons of granulated garlic and a shake or two of Italian Seasoning..


I brushed the bread with the butter/garlic mix and put it in the oven at 400 for about 5 to 8 minutes, until the bread was golden brown..



Then I put a layer of salami on first thing. I still had some salami and pepperoni leftover from the last time I made pizza. Then I put the sauce on top of the salami. Now there was no sauce soaking into the bread making it soggy.



I added the rest of my toppings on (including the rest of the bacon that I had from the bacon burgers) and put it back in the oven to get hot and melt the cheese..





I could not believe how quick and how easy this was to make. I will definitely do this again soon.



The next night we BBQ's steak. I had been shopping and found some frozen corn on sale so we put that on the grill too. I think corn cooked this way is the best way to do. The BBQ-ing makes all the sweet flavor of the corn come out. So good!


I made up a package of instant mashed potatoes and a salad to go with this meal..



Yesterday was a super busy day and we put hotdogs on the BBQ. It was simple and quick. 


We added to this meal some of the leftover sausage and rice, a salad, and the rest of the corn on the cob. I was so tired by that point in my day I forgot to take a picture of the finished plated up meal. 


That is all for this weeks cooking inspiration! 

Crystal :)



Comments

  1. Crystal your burger patties look delicious! Something I’ve added to patties, especially if trying to add some sneaky vegetables into the children’s meals, is finely diced or shredded carrot, and crumbled (in the processor) cauliflower. They never really noticed, especially once the cheese slice went over the top of the patty, and it was a tasty addition 😁 And as a bonus, it makes the hamburger go further!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! That sounds good Kari 😊 I've added veggies (and cooked mashed beans) to meatloaf but never thought about adding the extra veggies to burgers. Thanks for sharing!
      Crystal 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub