Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)



So Far This Week
One word best describes this week.. busy! It's been a week of getting gifts together, organized, wrapped and under the tree. I just got my Christmas cards out today and did grocery shopping this morning (which is why this WSS is so late today) to purchase items for not only our Christmas dinner but the days before and after that I'll have family here.

Other then that, I had a checkup for my ulcers (the ones that put in the hospital in July) and was happy to hear that they are completely gone now. My efforts to reduce and eliminate foods that are acid producers and take my meds has done the job.

My daughter Emily and I had a nice chat on the phone this week as well. She and her little family won't be able to make it for Christmas this year. Just too much for them to make happen. I understand completely, but they did promise to be here next Christmas.




On My To-Do List
Right now, it's late afternoon and I'm working on laundry and dinner preps. After that I'll do a little clean up and spend some more time on my gift baskets.


Projects I'm Working On
I've had a lot of fun with my baskets. I purchased small red plastic baskets from the dollar store and began to fill them with goodies.



In this basket you can see I have, a jar of my strawberry cranberry jam, some fuzzy socks, a sample bottle of lotion, hot cocoa with a bag of marshmallows and little candy canes, tucked over to the side is a bag of peanut clusters that I made last week and some Madeline cookies that are individually wrapped, and a few bars of homemade soap and a little red Christmas tree ornament. 

 

Some of the other baskets have similar things and with a couple added items geared towards the person I'm giving it to.



Today's Weather
It's really been a beautiful day. The sun has come out off and on and the temp is in the high 40's or so. We've had no snow fall yet, and I'm completely good with this! I hope the winter stays just like this. But, since it's only started it may not.

Today's High,45 Low,28



The View from my Deck (or window)




What I'm Reading
My reading list has not changed. This week I found it hard to get my usual reading in.


What I'm Listening To
The clock is ticking, my fridge is running, and I can hear my hubby outside doing some chores around the house


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
This time of year is hard to be frugal. I'm hoping to get better organized for next year. I say that every year and I don't do it. But, I'm going to make a section in my notebook for Christmas planning. If I see things that are on sale, or just a really good deal I can put it away for the holidays. And of course, write down where I put it so I don't forget! :)


Fitness and Health for the Week
It's also hard to be healthy this time of year. Temptations are everywhere. The best way for me to deal with that is to not bring things into the house that tempt me. Most years I don't gain weight during the holiday, I don't buy sweets or treats when I know I'll be tempted to snack on one here or there. This helps to stay on track with good eating.



That is all for this week!

Comments

  1. I love the idea of gift baskets like you posted!! I usually go to Big Lots (on the order of The Dollar Store & Dollar Tree) and have gotten Christmas bags of various sizes. These baskets are a better idea! Lovely posting, Crystal.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub