Wednesday Snap Shot


Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)



So Far This Week
It wasn't until I went to put this blog post out that I realized I totally forgot about Menu Monday.. :) that is what happens when you have a busy weekend with family and are exhausted.

The weather has cooled down nicely. We even had a brief shower a couple mornings ago. First rain in 55 days. The nights are cooling down and I'm thinking fall is not to far off.

The weekend was nice. My son Jake came out and he and Isaac worked on clearing the fence line where the goats are. It still had a lot of fallen trees on it and was a mess. They did a nice job and I was grateful for their help.

My daughter Sierra and her boyfriend Rex also came out. Rex helped the boys on the fence line and Sierra and I had a nice long visit, which I enjoyed so much. She is busy with her life so it's nice to get more then just a phone call of visiting in.

My favorite catalog arrived in the mail a few days ago. Not that I purchase a whole lot from IKEA, but I like looking through it and getting ideas. Especially ideas for storage. I'm currently trying to come up with some creative, nice looking storage ideas for the toys I have for my grandchildren.






On My To-Do List
Yesterday I caught up on laundry and did most of my housework. Today I just need to vacuum and do a few other little things.

Then hubby and I are going to go and walk around our little county fair. It is opening day. I always love to look at the quilts, baked goods, animals and more. Small town fairs are the best. Just simple and fun.

We are planning on having a hamburger bbq after we get home, so dinner will be easy peasy.


Projects I'm Working On
Soap is still on my list, but I have not made it yet. I'm feeling much better and know it will happen soon.

Another simple project I'm working on is a list of fast to put together meals for my daughter. She works, has a baby and coming home from work (or just ending work as she works a lot from home) and putting together dinner is a challenge. She eats healthy and does not use a much in the way of prepackaged foods. So, it is a little challenging. If anyone has any good ideas for me to pass on to her, let me know! :)



Today's Weather
Perfect weather for a walk through the county fair.

High, 81 Low, 57


The View from my Deck (or window)






What I'm Reading
I'm really enjoying the book, To Kill a Mockingbird. I'm only about a third of the way through it.

I finished Ecclesiastes, and read Song of Solomon and am now reading Isaiah.


What I'm Listening To
It's a very quiet morning. My windows are open and there is a nice breeze blowing. I'm hearing my wind chimes and a few birds.



Something Frugal I've Done This Week
It's a repeat, but it's still frugal. :) It felt so nice to have the energy to clean my house and of course I used my orange vinegar. I LOVE the smell. It just makes my whole house smell so clean. I recently started a new batch of orange vinegar and added the peel of a lemon to it.



Fitness and Health for the Week
More swimming, more walking, and continued focus on my diet. With all the summer fruits available I've enjoyed cherries, strawberries, blueberries, cantaloupe.

That is all for this week!  I hope you all are having a great week.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub