Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)




So Far This Week
It's been a great week so far. The sun is finally shining and that makes any week a good one.. :) Summer might just be here in the PNW! We will see..

The other morning was warm and sunny and I stepped outside to enjoy my coffee on the deck and see my buck in the front yard. Made me smile, so I snapped a pic of him (I know I previously shared this on my FaceBook page, but it's too cute not to share again :)





Over the Father's Day weekend we had a few of the children come up to see dad, and others made phone calls and sent him messages. It was good to see my kids this weekend. Sierra came and brought hubby a mini cake.. German Chocolate, his favorite. He was happy. :)





Hubby and I have been enjoy the sunshine and spent time swimming in our pond.








On My To-Do List
Yesterday I was so happy to take a big load of things to Good Will. I have more to clean out, but this was the last of my loads of my upstairs. Today I think I may tackle some storage totes and see if I can come up with another load. My goal now is to reduce my stuff. We've lived in our home for 21 years and it's crazy how much you can accumulate over time. I desire simplicity, and reducing unused things is my current goal.

Aside from this, I have a few other things I want to take care of..

~mop kitchen floor
~clean and organize my laundry room, it's feeling a little crowded in there :)
~vacuum
~cut and freeze my pork roast that I bought yesterday




Projects I'm Working On
The storage totes as I mentioned above. I'm also ready to tackle my new guest room, but will patiently wait for my sister in law to come help me. This really is her area of expertise.. and she loves doing it. With the upstairs all cleaned out, I'll just have to wait for her schedule to coordinate with mine and then we will tackle it together.. :) And I'm truly grateful for her help and her willingness to come and spend time with me for this project.



Today's Weather
It's going to be another sunny day.  It feels good to dry out and see the blue skies. 

High, 74  Low, 49



The View from my Deck (or window)
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood!  :)








What I'm Reading
I've not started a new book yet and instead spent more time reading my Bible. I finished Psalms and am almost done with Proverbs.




What I'm Listening To
It's a quiet summer morning, the kind I just love.  I have my door open and a few windows open.  I'm hearing a lot birds singing and there is a gentle breeze that is making my wind chime make it's happy sounds.  I love the peacefulness of it. 



Something Frugal I've Done This Week
Costco had pork shoulder/butt on sale for $1.99 a pound. It's a good price around here. This cut makes the best bbq pork and the most tender roasts. I bought 15lbs of it. I will cut it up into meal size portions and put it into freezer bags to freeze. Buying smaller cuts of meat can be more expensive. So, even though I don't have the same family size to feed as I use to, I still buy some things in large quantities and freeze them to take advantage of less expensive prices.






Fitness and Health for the Week
I'm making great progress in eating more veggies and fruits. And just incorporating more plant based foods into our diet. So, I'll just keep at it!


That is all for this week! Hope you all are having a great week.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub