Pamper Yourself a Little – Body Scrubs





Sometimes it’s nice to pamper yourself just a little. Here are a couple recipes that can be made with ingredients from your kitchen. They take only a few minutes to make. I tried both of them and enjoyed the results of both!

Honey is great for the body both inside and out. It can be used for those with sensitive skin and can even be used alone as a face cleanser. Just rinse well with warm water to remove any sticky residue. Honey holds moisture and will help make your skin smooth and soft. You can use this scrub on your face, dry spots, legs, arms, any area that needs a little softening.


 
Honey Coconut Body Scrub
2 T coconut oil
½ cup honey
1 cup sugar

Measure the coconut oil out in a bowl.  Add the sugar and use your hands to mix it up and evenly distribute the oil.  Add honey and either mix with a fork or your hands.  I use my hands..  does a better job and I end up with nice soft smooth hands in the process!  Apply on rough dry skin and rinse with warm water. You can apply the scrub right before taking a shower and then rinse it off while in the shower. This scrub has no shelf life so remember it cannot be stored for more than a few days in the fridge. 

I enjoyed this scrub quite a bit.  I think my favorite use was on my face.  It really left my face feeling clean, soft and smooth.  If your skin is such that you don't need the extra oils, you leave out the coconut oil for use on your face.  I found it, made as stated, to be super nice. 


 


Brown Sugar Body/Foot Scrub
¾ cup brown sugar
¼ cup olive oil

Combine ingredients with a fork or your hands until completely mixed. Use on rough dry spots and rinse well with warm water.


I really loved this body scrub a lot! I was surprised to feel how soft it made my hands after mixing it up. I sat on the edge of the tub and used it on my feet, legs and rough spots..  then showered as normal.. wow, my feet felt so soft. This can be used on any dry spots but I think I liked it best using it on my feet. And it was amazingly fast and easy to put together. It has no shelf life so remember it cannot be stored for more than a few days in the fridge.

**Special thanks to my daughter Sierra for taking the pics for this blog post!  You can see her photography here:  https://www.facebook.com/coyotesiphotography


Comments

  1. Love the honey coconut. Made my morning shower smell like summer. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love finding ingredients from the kitchen for a natural beauty care product! The brown sugar scrub is the bomb! I used it on my feet (soft), legs before shaving (perfect), and my favorite...arms.
    You may be interested in looking up the benefits of cocoa and oatmeal for your face. Sometimes I mix some up for a mask. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub