Recipes from my Kitchen


I tried a new recipe for guacamole. It was so yummy! I’ve been using my standard recipe for years but was read to try something new. I found one online: http://blogs.babycenter.com/life_and_home/four-seasons-secret-guacamole-ole/   It was amazing! If you like guacamole.. then I recommend you give it a try!




Instead of the taco filling I was going to make I decided I needed a crockpot meal for the day. So I came up with this one..

Crockpot Mexican Soup
 

1 cup dried black beans
2 ½ to 3lbs beef pot roast, cut into chunks
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups corn, frozen or canned (drained if using canned)
1 medium onion, diced
1 red or green pepper, chopped
1 to 2 jalapeno chopped peppers, remove as many seeds as you like, the more seeds the hotter the soup
2t chili powder
2t cumin
Salt & pepper, to taste

Do a quick soak of the beans. To do this, put beans in a large pot and cover well with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Turn heat off and let beans sit for 1 hour. Drain.

After beans have been drained put in the bottom of a large crockpot. Place beef on top and add chicken broth. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.

I served this soup along with the guacamole & tortilla chips and a salad. It was a delish meal!

 

Comments

  1. I love guacamole! I just started making it with my pico de gallo this summer (if I had an avocado laying around). This soup sounds great! Got to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub