Freezing Zucchini


Ever had one of those huge zucchini’s in your garden that just seemed to explode in size overnight? Then the question always is, “what to do with it?”.

The 2 on the bottom are size they are supposed to be picked at. The one on the top was my project. ~smile~



I decided to try freezing it. I’ve grated it and frozen it for making muffins, but what I found is I just don’t use it up very well that way. So I wanted to try something different. I was given this idea from a friend of mine. You cut it up, sauté it and then flash freeze it for use in stir-fry’s, soups, casseroles, etc.. I’ve not tried it before but it seemes like a great idea…

Cut the zucchini in half and scoop out the seeds. Chop the zucchini into small pieces.



Heat a frying pan and add a little oil. I used coconut oil. Add zucchini and cook until just done…



Lay cooked zucchini on a tray and put in freezer overnight. I lined the tray with parchment paper to make it easier to remove frozen pieces.



After the zucchini is frozen put frozen pieces into ziplock bags and put back in the freezer. Now you can pull out just as much as you need.



 
 

Comments

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub