Wednesday on the Homestead




Good morning! 

I've had a slow going morning. I stayed up late last night chatting with one of my daughters. We talked for over 2 hours and it was so nice. Well worth the late night and slow going morning. 

It seems as though my week has been busy. Getting things done around the house, and time spent with family.

My daughter Hannah came for the day to visit. I got to love and hug on my newest granddaughter.  She's getting big quickly and is so cute...


 
She's all full of smiles now :).  We visited and chatted for a bit...


 
...and then Hannah and I took the kids out to run and play and we got a little hike in. It was the first dry day we'd had in a few days. The kids had cabin fever and so did we! 


The sights and scenery around us was beautiful...

 
It all made for a very enjoyable day. 


Goals
Today I have a few household chores to take care of. I gave the bathroom a good spring cleaning but never got to the floor.  So giving the bathroom floor an extra good scrubbing is on my plan.

I need to take care of a few other things as well..

~a couple loads of laundry
~clean and wipe down and few shelves in the fridge
~dust the livingroom
~sweep/mop the kitchen floor

Dinner tonight is leftovers from the freezer, I think. I didn't make the ham that I have for Easter so my other thought is to cook that and make a couple sides to go with it. We'll see how my day goes.  




For the Love of Books!
I finished Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. I loved it as much this time as I did when I read it 10 or 15 years ago. 

I started and finished reading The Picture of Dorian Gray, by Oscar Wilde. It was an Amazon Prime freebie on my Kindle and also a book one of daughters had recommended to me many years ago. It was an interesting book to say the least. A well know painter paints a picture of a young man in his youth and prime. The young man, Dorian, then desires that the painting would grow old and he would forever stay young. And that is what happened. The book shows many moral implications of sin and what that eventually does to the mind. 

I've now downloaded The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux, another Amazon Prime freebie. It's one I've had on my list to read for sometime.   


Projects
I still have not gotten to my projects. I plan to, but time and other higher priorities have been on my list.



Frugal Living Practices
The last few books I've read have all been from Amazon, for my Kindle, and they've all been free, which is very frugal! :D

If you are an Amazon Prime member and a reader don't forget to take advantage of their monthly free books. They'll only let you download so many books (can't remember how many that is) before you have to "return" one in order to get another.  But it's a great deal and a frugal way to find free books.

The selection of books changes each month and their selection is based a lot on what type of books you enjoy reading.  


Fitness and Health
Walking has been one of those other 'higher priorities' I mentioned above. The weather has been hit and miss for dry days. I've walked in the rain and I've walked in-between rain storms. My goal has been to get out as often as I can.  I walk anywhere from 2 to 5 miles.  This includes a lot of hills and elevation gain. That is how I am continuing to build my muscle strength. 

Today is a sunny day and I'm excited to get out and walk and take in all that natural vitamin D. 

Regardless of the what the day may look like, if you stop along the way you can find beauty everywhere, even on the cloudy days. 

A little country church not far from me..



Spring blooms, the creek rushing and country roads..



And the Columbia River looking gray as it reflects the gray clouds in the sky..



Of course my favorite kind of days are the sunny ones, but it's important to seek out and find the joy in all the days the Lord has created.



View from my Deck
It's looking to be a gorgeous day today. There is no rain in the forecast

 



Today's weather: High: 66  Low: 42



That's all for this week my friends,
Crystal

Comments

  1. I use Freebooksy for my kindle. You fill out what type of books you like to read and every day you get a email of the free books for the day. I have my Q filled with ebooks to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this! I've never heard of Freebooksy.. I'll check it out.
      Crystal 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub