Grocery Haul for Two




Good morning! :)


I shopped at both Winco and Costco this week. I had a few non food items that I needed and a few extra items I needed to pick up.

My first stop was Winco..

The regular fruits and veggies on the list. I still had cabbage, lettuce and kale and only needed a few other fresh veggies.


I picked up a few things for the pantry, ketchup, mustard, grape jelly, olives, pickles and a jar of banana peppers for sandwiches and pizza. 

I also was happy to find whole grain angel hair pasta...


I prefer angel hair pasta to regular spaghetti noodles so this was a good find. They were $1.08 per box. This was a little more than white pasta which was .78 cents a package. 

I also bought a couple boxes of au gratin potatoes. 



I haven't bought these in years but thought it would be nice to have on hand for quick meal prep.  They were .78 cents a box. 




 
 I also bought a pound of ground beef, milk, half & half, eggs and some salami that I plan to use in making pizza. 

My non food items were..



Zip type bags and foil. I do count these in my food budget as they are food related.

I don't count cleaning supplies and band-aids and such in my grocery budget. I also bought a bag of cat littler (did not take a picture of it) which is budgeted under animal supplies.



My total came to $61.11


After subtracting the non grocery items 
my total for Winco this week was:

$48






The next stop was Costco..


Ranch dressing, french bread and restocking hubby's chocolate stash was all that I had on my list. Then my hubby spotted shrimp and then whole rib eye steak. 




It was the budget buster for sure. If you buy it this way from Costco you get a reduced price. It was $8.99 per pound and it was $10 or $11 per pound if it was already slicked.  I still have steak in the freezer from last year that we've been enjoying, but I know family will be out this summer and Dad's bbq steak is something everyone looks forward to. 

When I get this home, I open it up and cut up the steaks myself. It doesn't take long at all to do. I wrap each steak up with plastic wrap, then put them in a zip bag in the freezer. I ended up with 16 steaks.


I also picked up a ham. It's getting close to Easter and they had hams on sale for $1.89 a pound. That is still in my fridge and I'm trying to decide how I want to deal with..  cook it and freeze leftovers? can it? make stock from the bone and freeze or can it?  Still thinking on this one.


Hubby also picked up wiper blades which were on sale and a bag of cat food and these items are not included in my grocery totals..





The total for Costco, minus the wiper blades was:

$162



Grand total for groceries this week was:
  $210


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub