Menu Monday!





Good morning and happy Monday! 

Here's a peak at last week's meals...

The burrito casserole was so good! We had it for 2 nights and I got 2 more servings put in the freezer. You can find the recipe I used HERE.






I had sausage and rice on my menu and wasn't sure what direction I was going to go with it. When the evening came I looked in my fridge and found about 2 cups of spaghetti sauce (this was left from a can I had opened the previous week when I made pizza).  I decided to do sausage and peppers with the leftover sauce. 

I cut a pound of Aidelles sausages along with a few mini peppers and an onion. I fried those up until the sausages had browned and veggies were soft. I added seasonings (to taste), salt, pepper, garlic, Italian seasonings, and some Mrs. Dash (Italian blend). 

Then I added the leftover spaghetti sauce and a can of diced tomatoes. 


I let it simmer a bit to blend flavors and served it over brown rice and a salad on the side..



This went together quickly and it was so good. Right before serving I decided to sprinkle this with a little mozzarella cheese, yum..  :)  We had this for 2 nights and I had more to put in the freezer.

I had fully intended on making a ham for our Easter dinner. But the day was so beautiful out and my hubby said he wanted to bbq instead. It was fine as we weren't having company over, it was just the two of us so the change in plans was easy.

I did make the au gratin potatoes (from a box, it was easy :) and I made a small batch of deviled eggs. It was a good meal..








Now for this week's plan..

Fish sticks & tater tots - My menu was originally going to include using leftover ham but with Sunday's change up, I had to come up with something else. So fish sticks it is.


Fried chicken & pasta alfredo - I plan on making fried chicken in my air fryer and using a jar of alfredo sauce over some pasta. 


Mexican hamburger spaghetti squash medley - hmm.. not sure what kind of simple name to call this. It's going to be my own creation.  I plan to roast the spaghetti squash in the oven and then using a fork pull out the spaghetti like strands. In a frying pan I'll cook up hamburger, onions, peppers, and add a can of chilies and a can of black beans. I'll season it all with taco seasonings and extra salt and pepper as needed and serve over the squash. It would be good topped with cheese as well. 

I think this should do it for us. I have single serving meals in the freezer if I need something else for us.

Crystal :)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub