Wednesday on the Homestead




Good morning! How's your week going?

I'm still adjusting to my hubby's new days off. I woke up this morning thinking it was Saturday, ha, ha! :D Then realized it was Wednesday. My brain is working to make the changes. He had the same days off for 15 years so this may take a couple weeks to get into the flow.

My week has been busy. We went out of town over the weekend to visit with my in laws who live in Port Townsend, Washington. It's about a 4 1/2 hour drive north from our place. It's a beautiful drive up there. The weather was cloudy and rainy at times but we enjoyed the little mini road trip.

My father in law (my mother in laws husband), is having a birthday this coming week so we celebrated a week early with him. He's been an incredible blessing to our family and it was nice to spend time with both of them.  My sister in law was also able to be there.  It was a good visit. 

My mother in law and father in law (he is lovingly and affectionately called Granddaddy by all my children)..

 

The other exciting news to share with you is my daughter Leanne and her hubby, Danny, are expecting their first baby. It was confirmed this week that it's a little boy. They are excited and so are we!  Baby boy is due at the end of August..


 
They have recently moved from Sacramento to San Diego. So it looks like we'll have a trip to San Diego when baby comes. 

 


Goals
My goals for today are simple. I plan to stay home and get things done.

~Sweep & vacuum floors
~work on another blog post 
~go through some clothes I have and gather things for donation 
~clean up my cat's little area where her cat box is and change out the litter
~baking? I want to do some baking before Easter, but can't seem to fit it in, we'll see how it goes today.



For the Love of Books!
I finished Around the World in 80 Days and loved the book. 

I was going through some books I have and found Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Maud Montgomery. Not only is this my favorite movie (watched it a million times, it seems, with my girls, who loved it too), but the book is wonderful. I read it many years ago, but wanted to read it again. It's a fun easy read. I'm not far from finishing it.



Projects
I wanted to get back to my quilt, but my week did not provide any time for it. We'll see how this week goes.


Fitness and Health
I was able to get out and walk yesterday and a couple other days. The rain has not given me a lot of breaks. However, yesterday was dry until later in the evening so I got out and walked about 4 miles. It felt so good to be out. I'm hoping I can get out again today.

On those really rainy days (I will walk in the rain if it's not pouring down all day) I pull out my Leslie Sansone dvd's for a decent workout. I actually feel that getting out and walking or hiking gives a much better workout. It works more muscles to be out walking than it does to be walking to a video.  I use to have a treadmill, but gave it away. I just didn't feel like I got as good of a workout using it. My preference is to get outside and enjoy being out and moving and going up and down the hills. Plus it's nice when I run into a few neighbors now and again and we chat. :)

But anything that keeps me moving and building muscle is my goal. 



View from my Deck
Today is supposed to be dry with the sun peaking out now and again. I'm looking forward to it.







Today's weather: High: 63   Low: 48



That's all for this week my friends,
Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub