Finding Joy in Homemaking: Part 4



Today’s thought is: Take care of yourself



As the one who manages the home and the hearts of those around you make sure to take care of yourself. As much as you are able to, get a good night’s sleep. This is more difficult if you have babies up in the night but do your best to nap when you can and get needed rest. Start the day with a shower, get dressed down to shoes, and take care of your hair, etc. I feel more energy to start my day when I’ve taken care of the basics of taking care of me. As a homemaker I’ve found it important to not allow myself to neglect these things. I know it can be depressing to spend the day in my jammies (other than during illness and such) and with depression comes lack of joy. The caregiver of the home needs a little basic care too.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub