Finding Joy in Homemaking: Part 1


This week I’m going to be sharing ways to find joy in homemaking. A homemaker’s life can be filled with stresses. It is easy to lose the joy. I hope to be able to share some basic practical ways to find joy even amid stressful or chaotic times.


Today’s thought is: The right attitude


Attitude is everything. If you think your job is tireless drudgery it will be and there is no joy in drudgery. Yes, the house will get dirty, the family will need to be fed, and the to-do list is always growing. . Just remember being a homemaker is the opportunity to love and serve your family each day. For me a thankful heart is what always helps my poor attitude. I choose to be thankful that the Lord has called me to this ministry of service and I remind myself I do it for Him and how blessed I am to be my husband’s helpmeet and mama to the amazing children He has blessed me with.

And let’s not forget to start the day with prayer and reading from the Word. The Word of God in our hearts and prayer is the surest way to a joyful attitude. 


Comments

  1. My sentiments exactly! I just started a series called Holiday BootCamp and in my first post I wrote about how important that daily quiet time with the Lord is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed this reminder, this morning. God Bless you.
    Being a wife, a homemaker, a mother, a friend are blessings. Blessings with many rewards. If you look for negative, you'll find it. If you look for positive, you'll find that too.
    Thank you for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this first part. Mainly, because I need it the most of all. Thank you!!! You are a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that I find it drudgery but I work outside the home and our kids are all teens and able to pick up after themselves. I find that some times I don't have the best attitude because I am constantly reminding them to do the job that "I" should be doing which makes me feel guilty! I love caring for my home and family and as I sit at my desk at work I think of all the things I could/should be doing at home. Oh Lord, please forgive my disobedience (which I have talked about on my blog recently)...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub