Breakfast Week! Baked Oatmeal


I use oatmeal a lot for breakfast. It is inexpensive and healthy. Over the years I’ve tried to vary how I use this breakfast food so that not every morning is oatmeal porridge. This has been one version I’ve made for a long time now and it is always a family favorite. If you are dairy free you can use a substitute for the milk such as rice or almond milk.

We eat it hot out of the oven with a little milk poured over it. You can add extra sweetener if you’d like but it is sweet with the honey already added. If you want to do any preparations the night before you can mix up everything except the baking powder and salt in a bowl and the next morning add the baking powder & salt and pour into a greased 9x13 pan and bake according to the recipe.

 



Baked Oatmeal

½ cup light olive oil or melted coconut oil
½ cup melted butter – 1 cube
1 cup honey
4 eggs
6 cups quick oats
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tbsp. salt
2 cups milk

In a large mixing bowl combine your oil, melted butter, honey & eggs. When this is mixed add the milk. Now add in your dry ingredients, oats, baking powder, salt. Pour this mixture into a 9x13 pan and bake for 45 min. at 350
 
 
Print This Recipe:

https://sites.google.com/site/homemakingonthehomestead/baked-oatmeal?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1
 
 

Comments

  1. Sounds like a perfect breakfast for a cool winter morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like ours with a generous T. of cinnamon and chopped apples mixed in. Then we sprinkle just a tiny bit of powdered sugar on top to eat. It tastes very much like cake if you let it soak overnight before baking it:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yum Shannon!! Sounds like perfect additions!! Thanks for sharing that.. I'll have to give it a try.. :)

      Delete
  3. This will be perfect for my sister's little boy, who suffers from many food intolerances. This will make a wonderful change for his breakfasts (or any time really!)

    May I say also, how much your blog inspires me every time I read it. I'm a stay-at-home wife of 20+ years, a choice we both made as it best fits our circumstances. We were not blessed with our own children, but as we belong to a large extended family, there is always someone for whom I can be of service. Whenever I feel disheartened by people's sometimes quite thoughtless comments about my "stay-at-home" status I read your blog and it re-affirms for me that service to our families is a valid and important job. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for such a nice comment.. and I agree completely.. homemaking is a calling.. a calling to love, serve and give.. and is very valid.. Crystal :)

      Delete
  4. Breakfast is my favorite meal! We have been experimenting with a recipe similar to this. I have been mixing everything together the night before and storing it in the fridge overnight. I do not have to add the baking soda and salt in the morning and it has worked fine!! Maybe it could save an arm workout that early in the morning! :)My family enjoys this and it makes perfect company breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know!! I may be doing it this way this coming week.. it's going to be a busy one! Crystal :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub