A Couple Recipes to Share



I wanted to share a couple yummy recipes I made this week. On Friday I made pizza. It was not on my menu for the week but my daughter Emily & her hubby were coming for a visit and requested pizza. So I could not refuse the request! :) I made gluten free pizza crusts (my son in law is gluten free). We made 2 regular type pizza’s with tomato sauce and then experimented with a new type of pizza sauce. Sierra and I enjoy trying different things with pizza every now and again. So we made Pesto Pizza Sauce. We loved it!! My daughter and her hubby loved it.. my sons, well, in their mind, it just was not “pizza” ha, ha!! We topped the pizza with sausage, bacon, tomato slices, onions, mushrooms, spinach and of course, cheese. If you like gormet type pizzas (and you like pesto sauce) you will like this one. I’m sorry to say we did not get a picture.. too much time enjoying family and food to remember to take a pic. But here is the recipe:

Pesto Pizza Sauce
1 cup pesto sauce
¼ cup ranch dressing

Mix together, spread on pizza dough and bake according to your recipe. Very easy and very good!

Print this recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/homemakingonthehomestead/pesto-pizza-sauce?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1



The other recipe I have to share is Coconut Brown Rice. This was a fantastic match to our Teriyaki chicken (another recipe I’ll be sharing soon).




Coconut Brown Rice
2 cups jasmine brown rice
1 can coconut milk (full fat)
Water *amount in recipe
1 ½ t salt

Put rice in stock pot. Open coconut milk and pour into large measuring cup. Add water until you have 4 ¼ cups total amount of liquid. Pour into stock pot with rice. Add salt. Stir and bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 hour and 10 minutes. Serve and enjoy!


 
Print this recipe:
https://sites.google.com/site/homemakingonthehomestead/coconut-brown-rice?tmpl=%2Fsystem%2Fapp%2Ftemplates%2Fprint%2F&showPrintDialog=1

Comments

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub