Meals from the Homeastead







Good Morning!
Here's a look at what I was cooking up last week...

We started off the week with burgers. I had some sliced pepper jack cheese I took out of the freezer and used a slice of that and some chopped onion to add to my hamburger. I also added spices (to taste), salt, pepper, garlic, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb. I made 3 burgers for us from this..


 
We also put some corn on the cob on the grill to go with this and had potato chips on the side.  The burgers were so good. 



We had leftover corn and had that with bbq'd steak and baked potatoes for the next night. I made the Caesar Salad Kit that I mentioned in my grocery haul to with this meal..







I was in the mood to make soup and the day was cool and cloudy which would have been a perfect soup day, but instead I made some ham alfredo because it seemed quick and easy to put together.

A few months ago I had canned up some ham and stock that was leftover from a large ham I had served. If you'd like to see that post you can find it HERE
 
I sauteed some chopped onions in a little butter.  Then I opened two jars of my ham and drained the stock (I didn't need it for this meal) and added that to the onions. Then got out my last jar of alfredo sauce that was on my pantry shelf.


I added the sauce to the ham and used a little of the ham broth to shake the jar out of all it's contents. 
 



While I was putting this altogether I cooked up about 6oz of whole grain angel hair pasta. I added this to sauce.

 

I served this meal with green beans, toasted french bread, and a salad...

 

The last couple meals I have for you this week were from the grill.  Steak with tater tots that I cooked in the air fryer..

 

And burgers with corn on the cob...

 


And that wraps up this weeks meals from my homestead..



That's all for this week!
Crystal :)











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub