Wednesday on the Homestead





Good Morning!

How is your week going? Mine has been good. I've been getting up early and getting out to take my walk before the heat sets in for the day. I love the freshness of the morning. I took a couple of pics to share. The lake and mountains were so pretty this morning..

Hubby finally took down the dead tree next to our pond. It was a white alder tree and from what I understand they don't have a huge life span. I'm pretty sure they were planted here well over 30 years ago. There are a couple more that need to come down as well. I'm always sad to see the trees come down..



 It will, however, give us a nice bunch of fire wood for the winter! 


Goals
I'll be sticking around the house today. I'm expecting a phone call and I want to make sure I'm around. 

Homemaking Chores for today:

~2 loads of laundry
~sweep & mop kitchen floor
~shake out rugs in the hallway and mop the hallway floor

That's about it. I did a lot chores yesterday and today can be open for other things.

Dinner will be something on the grill I'm sure! :) I'm thinking I may pull out some chicken for tonight and figure out what sides to put with it.



For the Love of Books!
I'm almost done with Anne of Avonlea. I have really enjoyed this book. Not sure if I'll pick a classic for my next book or move on to Anne of the Island.


Projects
I still have a shelf in the basement that needs my attention so that might be today's project.


Fitness and Health
Lots of walking and jogging for me. I did have a couple days last week I didn't do anything due to various reasons but mostly I've been getting out there and getting my steps in. 

This mornings walk was 4 1/2 miles. I now have 11,000+ steps and my day has only started.

I did the same route yesterday morning but started off jogging, and did a little over 2 miles and turned around and walked it back home. Between yesterday and today, my muscles are talking to me! :D  I may need to take a shorter walk tomorrow.

 

View from my Deck
It's a beautiful day today. Summer in the PNW is lovely this year..

 


Today's weather: High: 86 Low: 60



That's all for this week my friends,
Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub