Grocery Haul for Two





Good Morning!!

This week was a one stop, one store, easy haul. I seem to be in a pattern lately. Every week I shop at Winco and every other week I also stop at Costco. The Winco only weeks are typically small and help balance out the larger Winco/Costco weeks.

With that, here is my haul..



 I picked up the basic fruits and veggies. I only needed a few apples and oranges because we still had some at home and I only needed to make sure we made it through the week. 

The veggies were also my typical salad veggies.  A bag of lettuce mix, red cabbage, green cabbage, mushrooms, kale, grape tomatoes and a sweet potato. 






Dairy only included milk and half & half. I picked up a couple cans of olives for the pantry, flour tortillas and corn tortillas. The frozen corn was on sale for $1.88 for 8 little half ears. I could have gotten some fresh corn but the fresh corn was expensive and not really looking all that great to me. I'll wait until later in the season for the fresh. This was the corn we BBQ'd and it turned out really good (I love BBQ'd corn).  I may pick up some more on my next shopping trip. 


 

Total from Winco and total for the week:
$34





I have a question for you all!

Grocery Bags..  what do you use? 

In some areas that I shop they have gotten rid of plastic bags and the only option is paper. Some places it's still a choice.. paper or plastic..

When we're in California I noticed that you either have to bring your own bags or pay for bags. 

I'm curious what you do for this or what your stores do.. 

Winco will give you a .06 cent bag refund for each bag  you bring with you. I bring my own cloth bags when I shop. 

 

That's all for this weeks Grocery Haul for Two!

Crystal :)

Comments

  1. Hi Crystal! I mix it up. Our state has banned single use plastic bags as of next year, but I do use them now if they are free because we have 2 cat litter boxes. I have a few plastic reusable bags and they are good for produce or cereal - dry goods in boxes type things. But what I prefer the most are the cloth grocery bags I sew from my fabric stash. I can wash them easily and they are sturdier than all the others. I will try to find the pattern I use and leave it in the comments. Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie! I love the cloth bags we have and would LOVE to see the pattern you use to make more of them!
      Crystal :)

      Delete
    2. https://crazylittleprojects.com/easy-tote-bag-tutorial/

      Hi! Here's the link
      Katie

      Delete
    3. Thank you Katie! That looks like a great project!
      Crystal 😊

      Delete
  2. Hi Crystal,
    We mostly use our own bags. I have a couple nice Aldi bags and I'm not afraid to bring them to other stores. But when we go to stores where they offer plastic bags, then that's what we use because then we use them for garbage. I was always so good about recycling but the recycling center is closing so we have no where to recycle. I could pay a huge price for curbside but that is financially out of the question so now everything has to go in the trash. Makes me mad and sad but I have no choice. I now need those plastic bags to bag up my extra garbage which used to be recycled. Can't win this one.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice! I'm sorry to hear about your recycling centers closing. We recycle everything we can and it would be a sad day for us as well.

      I also line my smaller trash cans with the plastic bags. They are great for that!!

      Crystal :)

      Delete
  3. I am Belgian and plastic bags have been banned here. So we use cloth bags/reusable plastic shoppers or crates ... the fruit and veggies can be put in paper bags or we use those mesh/crocheted bags. We do use plastic bags for garbage ... Have a great Summer. Blessings from Abby from Belgium xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Abby! I've been thinking about the plastic produce bags that they have at the grocery store. I would love to make something simple to use instead of them. Do you make your ow mesh/crochet bags?
      Crystal :)

      Delete
  4. We use our reusable bags, for just about all our shopping,but at times ask thecashier if shecould could throw some plastic bags in for when we walk the dog or take him to park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to be able to reuse the plastic bags in any way possible.
      Crystal :)

      Delete
  5. We use plastic bags at the grocery store here. But the store gives you a place to bring them back for recycling. My friend also asks me for them since she does not get any from her store. So they go to a good use.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy! Winco also has a place to bring in the extra plastic bags (in the stores that still use plastic). I like to get them when I can because I use them for the garbage cans (the smaller ones).
      Crystal :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub