Menu Monday!




Good morning! I hope your week is off to a great start. It's time for another week of menu planning and cooking.

Last week went pretty much as planed. The only recipe I didn't make was the chicken bacon spaghetti. We finished up our leftovers instead. So that meal will make an appearance this week.

Monday: Pizza and salad. I have a pizza crust in the freezer from the last time so it should be quick to put together. I have some Jimmy Dean sausage in the fridge that I'm going to use with this along with chopped onions, pineapple, olives and anything else that sounds good to me :).

Tuesday: Fish sticks & tater tots. Both of these will be cooked in the air fryer because that thing is amazing for cooking things like this. I'll serve a salad along with this.

Wednesday: Chicken bacon spaghetti, french bread, salad. I'm sure I'll have leftovers and enough for at least a couple individual freezer meals.

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Red lentil soup, salad, muffins or crackers. Way back during my recovery from my first surgery my daughter Emily was here for a week taking care of me. She made a fantastic red lentil soup. It was actually the first thing that I had been successfully able to eat. I plan on making it again. You can find the link to the recipe HERE. I very much dislike curry powder (the red curry paste in many dishes, I love, but plain ole yellow curry powder is probably one of the very few foods I truly dislike! Ha, ha). Emily omitted it from the recipe and so will I :). I found out one thing when she made this soup, I LOVE red lentils! They are so good and packed full of nutrition.

Saturday: Leftovers or meals from the freezer

Sunday: Pork sirloin roast, acorn squash, garlic roasted potatoes, salad. I have a small pork sirloin roast in the freezer that I'll be cooking in my Instant Pot, the potatoes in the air fryer and the squash, I'm not sure yet if I'll bake it or use the IP.


Hope you have a great week!

Crystal

Comments

  1. That chicken bacon spaghetti sounds incredible... I've never heard of that one!!! Looks like a great menu for the week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Krystal! I hope to post the recipe soon. It turned out really good.

      Crystal

      Delete
  2. Could you please post your instant pot pork sirloin roast recipie.
    I also have a small pork sirloin roast ,that I would love to make in IP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bernice, sorry this is so late.. my life got a bit crazy :)

      This is the recipe that I use and we enjoy: https://www.melskitchencafe.com/sweet-balsamic-glazed-pork-loin-slow-cooker/?fbclid=IwAR09-1jTLhjx5NcVM_RaPqWSs5DstCAm93QbkwKB1DjZ-VcsphdgxFN267w

      Crystal

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub