Menu Monday!




Good morning and happy Monday! I hope your week is starting out great. I'm feeling pretty organized heading into the last week of October (believe it or not! The year is flying on by :). I spent time over the weekend planning our menu. I went through the freezer and looked for things I wanted to use. It's easy for food to fall to the bottom of a chest freezer and be forgotten.

I'm continuing my quest to use up leftovers and cook smaller amounts of food to avoid to many leftovers. And when I do have leftovers and we're ready for something new, I freeze those into individual servings. Those work great for my hubby to take to work or for TV dinner nights. 
 

Here is what I have planned for this week..

Monday: I made potato soup yesterday and we will have that again tonight. I'll add a salad on the side and some crackers.

Tuesday: Enchiladas – I'm going to make them with store bought green enchilada sauce (I actually prefer it to red). I'll serve salad and chips & salsa on the side.

Wednesday: Orange chicken, pot stickers, salad – both the orange chicken and the pot stickers are from Costco.

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Jambalaya in my IP, salad, roasted squash. I found THIS recipe online. I'm going to give it a try and will make a couple adjustments, one being using brown rice instead of white and using some hot link sausages from Costco that I have in my freezer. I'll let you know how it is after I make it.

Saturday: Leftovers

Sunday: Spaghetti – served with french bread, salad and maybe some more roasted squash. I'm really enjoying winter squash this year.

That should do it for us. Hope you have a great week!

Crystal

Comments

  1. Great reading these posts every week - one suggestion - maybe posting a recipe occasionally, especially for beginners like me? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the feedback Andi! I appreciate it.. yes good idea.. I will work on doing that more often. 😊
      Crystal

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub