Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)



So Far This Week
WSS is much later then usual today. Yesterday hubby and I drove to Port Townsend Washington to visit his mother and her hubby. My sister in law was also there visiting so it was wonderful to be able to spend a little time with all of them. It's about a 4 ½ hour drive and we drove there and back in one day. So it's a lot of time on the road and we were in bed pretty late and slept in this morning. But it was worth the time and driving.

This last week was busy. Hubby and I went to our little county fair to just walk around and view all the fun things. I love our small town fair. It's in such a beautiful place. 




































I enjoyed looking at the sewing projects, the canning, the photos, the art work done by local people. So much talent in our community. 


















The animals were also fun to see.  Goats always have a warm spot in my heart and the cute chicken cracked me up....



























Over the weekend my daughter Sierra and her boyfriend were visiting us as well. They enjoyed time at the fair and then walked down to river to see the paddle boat that was docked...

















And finally, we took a selfie, but the wind was really blowing..  :) 

 


















On My To-Do List
Today I need to do a little housekeeping, and wash a few loads of laundry.

Other then that, I hope the clouds go away and it warms up so I get a little swim time in at my pond.




Projects I'm Working On
As the thoughts of fall are getting close my mind begins to think of fall time things I enjoy doing. I have a couple sewing projects I'd like to tackle. We will see if I can. I'm still dealing with vision issues so it's making things like sewing a bit more challenging.



Today's Weather
The weather report is saying it will be warm today. But if the clouds remain, I'm not sure it will get to the predicted temps.

Today's High 83, Low 59


The View from my Deck (or window)

















What I'm Reading
I'm still reading To Kill a Mockingbird and am almost done with the book of Isaiah.


What I'm Listening To
The sounds of my hubby outside cutting up firewood, my wind chime (it's a very windy day), and one of my cats meowing by the back door. He wants food, which I'll get him as soon as I'm done here.


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
I've shared the good deals I've found on Amazon but you do have to know your prices. I wanted some epsom salts and I was making an order but the least expensive bag I could find was $1.18 a pound (it was a 10lb bag). That still seemed high to me. While I was out shopping I found a bag of salts for .42 cents a pound. Much better deal.

On the other hand sometimes Amazon makes sense for the sake of convenience. I sent my grandson in California his first set of baby books (getting him started early on a love for books!). The time I would have spent shopping for all the books, packaging them up and mailing them down made Amazon shopping very worth it and in my mind frugal. Saved me time, gas, and shipping (I'm an Amazon Prime member so the shipping is free). He was very happy with this books.. 


























Fitness and Health for the Week
Walking when I can. Not that far, but my steps are improving on many days. And a little more swimming. I'm trying to get the swim time in before the weather cools and it's too cold to swim anymore.

Daily working on keeping our diet as healthy as possible. Lots of fresh fruits and veggies is always my goal.






Comments

  1. love your view from the deck (window) - so pristine and a lovely summer day, even if it has been feeling more like fall lately here. "to kill a mockingbird" is at the top of my list for this winter, when i don't have yardwork or day trips planned. i want to read it in long sessions, 'stead of piecemeal inbetween other things, the way i have to read the rest of the year.--suz in ohio

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub