Menu Monday!













Last week I had such a busy weekend that I totally forgot about Menu Monday.. Just slipped my mind completely! I think that is a first.

Today I would love to go grocery shopping but I think I will put it off for a day or two. Due to the eclipse, traffic in our area is at an all time high. We are not far from the point of totality and many people are driving through (from all directions) to get to the perfect spot to see it. We are not far from the Oregon border and it is estimated that there is about one million extra people coming through the area. For today, staying off the roads seems like a wise choice.

Tonight we are going to have Cuban Pork Sandwiches. I'm using a crockpot recipe and converting to the IP. I'll share if it turns out.


The rest of the week:

Chicken, Bacon, Tater Tot Casserole
We like the traditional tater tot casserole made with hamburger. But I saw THIS recipe and loved the twist to an old favorite. I'll serve it with a nice big green salad full of veggies and some summer fruit.


Baked Salmon
A simple and quick meal to make. I spoon Italian dressing over the salmon and bake it for about 15 minutes or so at 375. I'll serve it with either rice, pasta or French bread. I'll see what appeals to me when the time comes. I'll also had some cooked broccoli & carrots on the side.


Chinese Chicken Salad
I found THIS recipe while searching out easy and quick recipes for my daughter. I thought I'd give it a try. I'll serve it with some French bread and summer fruit.


BBQ
If I find some good deals on steak we'll have a bbq this week. If not, I have enough meals planned out to keep us fed.



That should do it for the week!

Comments

  1. Hi Crystal,
    Glad to see you are feeling better. I've also had a lot of issues this summer with allergic reactions to pollen, hives and rashes, and then more rashes. Hope it's done now.

    I'm finding a ton of recipes for my Instant Pot and love it more and more! We did a Teriyaki chicken with rice on top of it in a separate pot and it was wonderful. We've done a lot of refried beans and plain beans for those of us who can eat beans. I am getting comfortable enough to use my own recipes that I dream up in my head.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub