Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)


 
So Far This Week
Happy August!!   It's been a good week. I'm feeling better and better each day. My daughter Hannah and her kids came out to visit and swim in the pond. The kids had not met my new duck, Ping, yet. So they were excited to come. It was a fun afternoon at Grandmas.







My son Jacob and his girlfriend also came up over the weekend for a visit. It's always a good week for me when I get to see my children.

I also had a couple hours worth of phone conversations with my girls that live in California.



On My To-Do List
Today I have some housework on my to do list and maybe a little baking. I bought a 6 inch bundt pan to use in my Instant Pot. It's a cute little pan.. ha, ha.. and pretty too!



I'm planning on trying out banana bread in the IP. We'll see how that works.



Projects I'm Working On
Still no new projects other then my health. And that is going well.


Today's Weather
We are in the midst of a heat wave. I don't have air conditioning in my home. Our super hot days here are so few that it's really not necessary. When I grew up no one had an air conditioner. Nowadays more people do. I cover all my windows with sheets or blankets and keep the door closed to help keep the house cool. It also cools down most nights very nicely. So before bed we open everything up and turn on a fan to pull the warm air out of the house and bring the cooler air in overnight. The house has cooled down by morning.

Today's High, 101   Low, 65



The View from my Deck (or window)
The sky looks a little bit hazy.  I've heard there are forest fires up in British Columbia and we are getting just a little bit of the smoky haze from that. 





What I'm Reading
I've been doing a little reading but it's time to get back to my Bible reading. I left near the end of Proverbs.



What I'm Listening To
The fan blowing the air around the house, helps it to not feel stuffy in here as the day warms up.  



Something Frugal I've Done This Week
My hubby and I were in town running errands. He needed to replace an air filter on our car. We went to the dealership and they wanted $30 for it. He didn't want to pay that much so we went to an auto parts store. They wanted $24 for it. That was better but the man that was helping us said they would match any price either from another store or online. So I pulled out my phone, went to Amazon.com and found the filter for $8.18 and showed it to him. He gave it to us for that price. A good reminder to see if stores are willing to price match!!



Fitness and Health for the Week
During this hot weather it has been nice to be able to cool off in our pond. I've been swimming more and more and of course the walk down and back up to the pond is a good way to help me build back up my strength.


That is all for this week! Hope you are having a great week :)






Comments

  1. Hi Crystal~

    So glad you're feeling better and stronger every day! When things like that happen, it certainly makes us appreciate every good day.

    I have an IP question for you...I'm looking forward to purchasing one like yours very soon, after thinking about it for over a year! Do you have any favorite cookbooks that are specifically for the IP?

    It's just my husband and me at home since our retirement two years ago, and I think this would be a perfect solution for quick, healthy meals. You've made it sound so fun and easy! :)

    Thanks, Crystal, for any cookbook recommendations, and please keep on feeling better every day!

    Blessings,
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub