BBQ Chicken Legs

I made this dish the other night. It is one of my family’s favorite meals. It is easy to make. I used a home canned jar of zucchini pineapple that I canned last summer (http://homesteadinghomemaker.blogspot.com/2011/09/zucchini-pineapple-for-canning.html ). However I’ve made this dish for years and typically I used homemade jam or jelly (you can use store bought jam or jelly as well). I have used my own peach jam or grape jelly ( http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/makejam.htm  ) and have even made it with beet jelly ( http://homesteadinghomemaker.blogspot.com/2010/09/pickled-beets-and-beet-jelly.html ).

Here is how I make it…

Lay the chicken legs in a 11x15 pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray. I used about 4lbs of chicken legs for this meal…




Put the chicken legs in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes. While the chicken is baking make your sauce. Measure out 1 ½ cups of bbq sauce. This can be homemade sauce
(http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/texasbbqsauce.htm ).



Add an equal amount of jam or jelly. In the pics below I added the whole pint jar of zucchini pineapple and mixed together. If you are using jam or jelly it will be slightly lumpy and that is ok…








After the chicken has cooked for 30 minutes pull it out of the oven. ..




Pour sauce over chicken (it was a little tricky to pour the sauce and take a pic at the same time :) so it came out a little blurry)…




Bake for another 30 to 45 minutes, until the chicken is nicely glazed with the sauce and is completely cooked…



Enjoy!!

The night I made this I was going to serve macaroni and cheese with the meal until I discovered I had run out of macaroni!! :) It happens… so instead I made cheesy brown rice pilaf to go with the meal. I will be posting that recipe soon..

 

 

Comments

  1. Boy that looks good!...Look forward to the cheesy brown rice pilaf recipe too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious and easy! I never thought about adding jelly or jam to the BBQ sauce. You amaze me by all of your great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I am a fan of your recipes so I am going to do this one very soon! Thanks Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks good and I like the easiness of it. Do you remove the skin from your chicken?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Billi, no I don't remove the skin from the chicken.

      Crystal :)

      Delete
  5. This looks really wonderful and makes a bunch! Thanks =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this last night for my family and they loved it. I used 1 1/2 cups of bbq sauce 3/4 cups apricot fuit spread (fruit juice sweetened) and 3/4 unsweetened apple sauce. I also added 1 tablespoon of portuguese pepper sauce. It's definitely going to be a repeat in our house :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub