Homemade Ranch Dressing


We eat a lot of salads at our house. You may have noticed that on my weekly menus. I serve salad just about every night. I think fresh veggies are sooo good for you! So many vitamins and minerals are packed into a salad. But a salad is just not that great without some really good salad dressing. Hands down the most favored salad dressing in my house is ranch dressing. I practiced and tweaked and came up with a homemade ranch dressing recipe a few years ago and it has been a constant at our dinner table ever since.

I use to make a batch of it every few days, now I make a quadruple batch about once every two weeks. It is a nice way to stream line the process. Since I’m making it anyway I might as well make a huge batch and be done with it for awhile! :)

You can find the basic single batch recipe here: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/ranchdressing.htm

Here is how I make a quadruple batch. I make it in my Bosch (you can also make it in a Kitchen Aid). First I measure and put in the mayonnaise and sour cream. I use the wire whisks and stir well…






Then I slowly add in the milk. I find if I do it slowly I can avoid having lumps. After the milk is added I add the lemon juice..






Then I add spices..




And mix well..




This will fill 2 quart jars. ..




As I said, this will last us about 2 weeks. I am not sure how much longer than 2 weeks it will keep as it has never lasted that long before. 


Comments

  1. Great idea to triple this ! I am always running out of salad dressing . I have made your recipe before and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pic's are so lovely!
    Can you make this by hand? (I do not own a mixer--long story)
    Thanks
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy, Yes you can mix this up by hand.. It is just easier to mix a big batch like that with a mixer. Just make sure to use a large wire whisk and combine the mayo and sour cream first and then slowly add the milk, mix, more milk, mix, etc.. it helps avoid lumps.

      Crystal :)

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much! I had commented once about all your salads and one of my dilemmas was dressing; I don't like to buy the stuff but I agree, you have to have good dressing! I've made a peppercorn buttermilk dressing that my husband really likes, can't wait to give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Monica, I do hope your family enjoys this one. I know we sure do!! :) Crystal

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub