Crockpot Mexican Chicken Review



Last night we had the Mexican Chicken crockpot recipe that I posted on Saturday. I forgot to take it out of the freezer on Sunday night .. oops.. :) .. I took it out first thing in the morning and after about 4 hours I could break it up enough to put in the crockpot…



I turned the crockpot on low and let it cook for 6 hours. At the end it looked like this…



I also made a batch of brown rice (http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/cookingwithbrownrice.htm) to go with the meal. I put some brown rice on the plate first…



Then ladled the Mexican Chicken over the top…



Then added some sour cream and cheese and served it with a salad (with homemade ranch dressing), tortilla chips & salsa..



This got rave reviews from the family.. and I agreed.. it was yummy and will be on the menu in the future!!!

Comments

  1. This looks like something my hubby would really enjoy! He loves mexican foods. Will of course give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these types of freezer meals. They seem quick to put together. I enjoy using my crockpot so I can use my limited energy for other things. Thanks so much, Crystal.

    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, just wanted to say thanks for these posts! the Freezer crock pot meals are something I'm really looking for - for ease of cooking on busy days and to bring to some new mamas for when they need something easy too! I really appreciate you giving a review of the recipe so we know a little more on the outcome after freezing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub