Happy New Year from the Homestead!

 


Today I start the year out by cleaning my house and catching up on laundry.  Tobin works today and I have just too many undone things around here to just do nothing.


 


The Christmas decorations are long gone.  I removed them the day of my MILÂ’s birthday party.  I wanted the house to look more “birthday” like.  My MIL has always told us how she has memories as a child of having her birthday presents wrapped in Christmas paper and having fruit cake as her birthday cake!  So I figured we would make the house look like a big birthday celebration for her!  I always take my Christmas decorations down before the first anyway.  I like to start the New Year off with a clean house.


 


I am eager to get back to homeschooling and back to normal life.  I have lots of soap that I want to make, and aprons to sew and menus to plan, and organizing to do.  There is something refreshing about a new year, a new start.  I am not one who really likes resolutions but I do like to look at the year ahead and make some goals and see what areas I can improve on. 


 


Another one of my goals this year is to read the whole Bible.  I have done this many times over the years but have not done it in the last couple of years.  I like those “One Year Bibles”.  They have a little Old Testament, a little New Testament, Psalms and Proverbs to read each day.  I donÂ’t have to keep track of where I am, simply open the Bible with my cup of coffee each morning and read.  Sounds like a great start to each day this coming year. 


 


This is also the month where I work to get my childrenÂ’s school work to the half way point by the end of the month.  We started late, had lots of days off around the holidays so we are behind a bit.  But I always figure January is the perfect month to get back on track.  We have these cold, short days without any big interruptions and all the kids know it is time to focus, focus on the school work!  


 


I wish you all a blessed New Year on your homesteads! 

Comments

  1. can't wait to order one!!!

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal,

    We are having a challenge at our Church to read the whole Bible in a year. They told us if we read for 15 minutes a day we can read it all in 1 year. I think I'm going to do this too. I am hoping Jon will also be able to join me, but his time is more limited...you know how hard our men work.

    Take care my friend and blessings.

    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am trying to read it through again in a year but I find my mind straying when I get to all the names and who the beget etc. any thoughts on how to hold our interest through some of scriptures ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub