Menu Monday!







Good Morning!
Here's a look at what I was cooking up last week!


I started the week with a super simple dinner. I had purchased a rotisserie chicken from Costco and we had that with some of the leftover alfredo pasta and a salad..

 


 The next night I still had quite a bit of chicken left so I decided to make some enchiladas. I didn't have sauce in a jar so I made my own. If I had it to do again I would have made a few changes (which I'll share). I thought they turned out a little dry, but Hubby loved them.




 I started by making the sauce. I used a can of diced tomatoes, taco seasoning, cumin and salsa..


 I put the diced tomatoes in a bowl and added:

2T taco seasoning
1t cumin, 
1/2 cup salsa

I mixed this all together...


 At this point, if I had it to do over, I would have used my stick blender to puree the sauce. I think this would have helped.

Then it was time to roll and fill my tortillas..

I removed the chicken meat from my rotisserie chicken..


I softened up about 14 or so corn tortillas in the microwave so they would not crack or split while filling them. Then I put a little chicken and some cheddar cheese in the center, rolled them up and laid them down in a 9x13 pan..



After I had filled the pan with them I put my sauce over them and topped them with more cheese..

 

 I baked this at 350 for about 35 minutes, or until it was all melted and hot..


We added extra salsa and sour cream to them. The flavor was delicious and it all worked out in the end. I knew this was a large pan for us but I wanted the leftovers. We had them for 2 nights and I was able to put a couple single servings in the freezer for Hubby to take to work.


If you read my grocery haul from Friday you may remember some pepper jack sausages that I purchased. We decided to try those out on the grill. They were so good and full of flavor. I also put 4 pieces of the frozen corn on the grill to go with this meal. 



I served some garlic bread and a salad on the side. 

 


The next night we BBQ'd steak. I had the other half package of corn in the freezer and still had some french bread. I made a salad and we were set with an amazing meal! 



The following evening I made feta cheese burgers. I made these the first time a while back and loved them. 

I used my favorite combo of seasonings to flavor my 1lb of hamburger. I added salt, pepper, garlic, Montreal Steak Seasoning and this time added a little of the Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb blend. I didn't measure these, just shook a little of each into my hamburger. 

I also added 1/4 chopped up onion and a 1/2 cup of feta cheese. The burgers wanted to kind of fall apart (but they didn't) while BBQ-ing so next time I'll only add 1/3 cup of the feta cheese. 

I mixed this together well and divided my meat into 3 pieces (you could also make 4 burgers from it if you would want).



I formed each burger and put them on a plate with parchment paper between them. I made them a little early in the day so afterwards I put them in the fridge until we were ready to BBQ.

 
These were so good! We enjoyed them just as much this time as the last time I made them..





Over the weekend I made the last meal finishing up my rotisserie chicken. I had made chicken stock with the bones and removed the meat from that when it was done and added it to the small amount of meat I still had left after making the enchiladas. I used this to make chicken pot pie. If you'd like to see how I make chicken stock (in my Instant Pot) from a rotisserie chicken you can find that HERE


I made a quick version of chicken pot pie using canned biscuits on the top and didn't make a pie crust. If you'd like to see how make this with a pie crust you can find that HERE.

I usually use a package of frozen peas and carrots but I didn't have any on hand. Instead I sauteed up some veggies and simmered some chopped up carrots, frozen broccoli and a small amount of frozen cubed hash browns. 


I made chicken gravy with 4 cups of my chicken stock, 1 cube of butter and a 1/2 cup of flour.  In the pictures below my chicken stock was cold from the fridge and was gelled, it quickly turned back to liquid when I made the gravy.


When it was done I tasted to see if I needed to add any salt or other spices and I did not. I added the chicken meat and the veggies and poured it into a 9x13 pan. I put a can of jumbo biscuits (store brand of Pillsbury Grands) on the top. I baked this at 350 for 30 minutes.



This turned out really good and made a lot for us. We ate this for 2 nights and I had enough to put 1 serving in the freezer.




That's all for this week!
Crystal :)


 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub