Wednesday Snap Shot





Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic..BUT Please download the picture to your computer first.. do not just directly copy and paste.. otherwise you are using my bandwidth..thank you! :).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)



So Far This Week
The best part of the week so far is .. RAIN! I'm not a fan of rainy weather, but right now I'm loving the rain as it has been putting out all the fires in our area. People are returning to their homes and the threat is gone. Unfortunately the new threat is with burned out mountains and lots of rain, there have been mudslides and potential for more of them. What a difficult summer it has been around here.

My son Jacob came to visit over the weekend. We had a lot of wonderful conversations for the couple days he was here. He has grown into such an incredible young man. Makes a mom proud.





On My To-Do List
I had originally planned to grocery shop on Monday, but something came up and hubby and I took care of other things. So today is grocery shopping day.

I hope to get some vacuuming done and laundry folded when I get home.

Then dinner. We'll be having french dip sandwiches tonight for dinner.



Projects I'm Working On
Cleaning. I've started some fall cleaning. I'm tackling one room at a time and going at my own pace. But the dust and cobwebs need my attention. A summer of windows open and the dust blowing in can be seen.




Today's Weather
Last week we had temps in the 80's and 90's, this week things have been cooling down a lot.  I'm thankful for the change due to the forest fires but I'm hoping summer like weather is not over (even though we are only a couple days from fall :)

High 59,  Low 49   Clouds and rain for the day


The View from my Deck (or window)
This morning there has been a pause in the rain.  More is in the forecast for today.  You can really see the blackened hills across from me caused by the fire.  
 
















What I'm Reading
I finished Jeremiah and Lamentations and have moved on to Ezekiel.

I made a little more progress through Dracula this week, but not as much as I had hoped.



What I'm Listening To
The wind is blowing this morning and my wind chime is making it's pretty sound.   And I hear my hubby getting his morning cup of coffee. 


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
My hubby is currently fixing my dishwasher. It started leaking last year and I told him, no rush, he has a lot of projects to take care of and washing dishes for just the 3 of us is no problem. I've wondered what is more frugal, washing by hand or using a dishwasher. I've come to the conclusion that it really depends on the dishwasher.

Our dishwasher does not have a drying heat cycle. That alone can use a lot of electricity. It does heat the water up to a temperature to sanitize the dishes so of course that costs. My dishwasher also has a short wash cycle/water saving cycle. I think the difference between the two options, for me, is a... wash.. ha, ha.

Do you wash your dishes by hand or use a dishwasher? What do you think is more frugal?



Fitness and Health for the Week
I've had my FitBit for a little over 2 years now. I'm finding I have to charge it every 3 days now instead of 7 or 8 days. I'm thinking it's time for a new one. Due to my recent health issues, I've not been walking like I was, but I do like to push myself each day to get as many steps in as I can. And I'd like to get back to those 10,000 steps or more a day again.

I tried a new salad this week. It was a mixture of corn, sweet potatoes (cooked), mandarin oranges and small red beans. I liked it a lot. I would fill my bowl with lots of green leafy veggies and top with the salad mix. Salads don't have to be boring and routine. There are a lot of ways to jazz them up.


That is all for this week! 



Comments

  1. Hi Crystal, Isn't it nice when your children grow into adults you like and they want to spend time with you? I love my dishwasher- haha. Your salad sounds yummy- do you have a recipe? Have a good week. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I hand washed dishes for many years and I prefer my dishwasher! It may save $ if you soak first? My hubby of me the fit bit Alta from costco about 1.5 years ago. You can charge it like a phone and the charge lasts a while. I really like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hand wash. The dishes don't get as clean with the dishwasher. It also takes so long in the Dishwasher. I can wash them and dry them in half the time. I do have a dishwasher but do not use it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub