Menu Monday!





Cooler mornings and evenings are just saying “comfort food” to me. This weeks menu reflects that.


Tonight I'm making chicken & dumplings (speaks comfort food to me :). I'll be making it in my Instant Pot. And I'll make it even simpler by using Bisquick for the dumplings. I plan to serve broccoli and cornbread muffins on the side.


The rest of the week is looking like this...

Brats & Macaroni Salad
I have a package of brats in the freezer and figured I'd cook them in my IP and make a macaroni salad and a green salad on the side.


Salmon & Rice
I plan on loosely using THIS recipe. I'll make my own Italian dressing and use white Jasmine rice instead. I'll serve this with acorn squash and green beans.



Green Chile Chicken Casserole
I found THIS recipe and it look good and fit my need for another comfort food meal. I'll serve chips and salsa and a salad on the side.



That should do it for the week!

Comments

  1. A quick way to get easy dumplings is to cut up flour tortillas into strips and add them to the soup about 20 minutes before serving. They soften and swell just like dumplings. Tastes really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love dumplings. I've not made them for years!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub