Menu Monday!













Hope you all are doing ok this Monday morning. So many things happening all over our country, fires, hurricanes, flooding. My heart is heavy with it all especially as I've dealt with a bit of the disasters as well.

It seemed to take me longer then usual to get my menu organized this week. My mind is on so many things, but I did put together my plans for the week.

I did not get chili made that I had on my menu last week. I'm going to make that today. When I made the black bean & spaghetti squash meal last week I cooked extra black beans for the chili. I have about 4oz of cream cheese in the fridge that needs to be used. So my plan is black bean chicken chili. I'll cook the chicken in my IP and shred it, add the black beans that I have and the cream cheese and then salsa and chili powder and cumin. I don't have a recipe, I'll just wing it. :) I'll serve this with chips & salsa and sliced honeydew melon.


The rest of the week is looking like this:


French Dip Sandwiches
These looked really good and easy to make (recipe HERE). I'll give the recipe a try. They would go good with chips and a salad.


Fish Sticks
I like Costco's fish sticks. Pretty sure they are the best I've tasted. They have them on sale this month so I'll be buying them when I go shopping. Fish sticks, tater tots, and broccoli will be our simple but tasty meal.


Grilled Chicken
With a few warm days in the forecast this week I figured at least one meal on the bbq would be good. I will marinate my boneless, skinless chicken before grilling. I also have almost a pound of shrimp in the freezer. I put some of them on skewers and grill as well. I plan to serve baked potatoes and coleslaw on the side.

That should do it for the week!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub