French Dip Sandwiches and Corn & Sweet Potato Salad




This week in Friday in the Kitchen I'll be sharing a couple recipes I've this week that we really enjoyed.



French Dip Sandwiches

I tried THIS recipe and it was so good. I did make a couple changes due to the fact that my hubby has MSG sensitivities and I can't use store bought beef or chicken stock. Any time I do, he has a reaction. So I only use homemade. Unfortunately I did not have any homemade beef stock. I replaced the beef stock with water and added 1 ½ teaspoons of salt.

The other change I made was to put all ingredients in the Instant Pot. I did not saute the onions first. I put them in, added the water, salt, and seasonings and then added my cut up beef roast. This made the meal extremely quick to put together. 


 My broth was not as dark colored as the original recipe shows, but the taste was fantastic.

















Corn & Sweet Potato Salad

























I mentioned this recipe on my Wednesday post. So easy and very tasty.

You will need a sweet potato, a can of corn, a can of mandarin oranges, a can of olives and a can of red beans. You can substitute any type of beans that you prefer. 

 

I cooked a sweet potato first. I cooked it in my IP but you could also bake or boil it. When it has cooled peel and cut it up.

Then I drained the canned veggies. I poured all the cans except the olives into a large strainer and let them drain while I prepared my sweet potato.

When you have all the ingredients ready to go, simply mix them together. Slice the olives and set them aside to put on top of the salad. 

 

To make the salad put a large amount of green leafy veggies on a plate...


You can add extra salad veggies on top if you want, but that is optional..




Top the greens with a few spoonfuls of the salad mix and top with sliced olives...




Add a dressing of your choice and enjoy!



If you want to turn this into a main dish you can also top with cooked, cubed chicken.

That is all for this week!

Comments

  1. Lost and found! I had lost you, and now I've found you! Yours was one of the first blogs I read way back in the day. I mean way way back in the day! You were still on homestead blogger! I just found your comment on one of my old blog posts and went hunting for you. I still use some of your recipes. I am so glad to find you again.
    If you're curious about the blog post that I found your comment on, here it is. A Few Ways to Enjoy Homemaking http://harvestlanecottage.blogspot.com/2008/08/something-to-think-about-few-ways-to.html

    So glad to reconnect. Won't you stop by and say hello?

    Laura Lane
    Harvest Lane Cottage
    Carthage, Missouri

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub