Pumpkin Recipes!



One thing I do love about fall is pumpkin!! , I love to light pumpkin scented candles, use pumpkin spice soap and of course I like to bake and cook with it! I wanted to share a few recipes I have made recently.

The first is pumpkin muffins. The other night I made a big pot of chili and thought having some pumpkin muffins to go with the chili sounded yummy. So I made 2 dozen of these muffins and my family said they were delish and went great with the chili. 


Pumpkin Muffins
Makes 12 muffins

2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
1t baking soda
½ t salt
1t cinnamon
½ t ginger
¼ t cloves
1/8t nutmeg
¾ cup dark brown sugar or sucanat
3T molasses
¼ c olive oil
2 eggs
1 c pureed pumpkin
¾ c soured milk or buttermilk

In a small bowl combine flour, soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and brown sugar or sucanat. Set aside. In a mixer bowl combine remaining ingredients. Mix until well combined. Add flour mixture and mix until all ingredients are just combined.

Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup fill each muffin tin. Bake at 400 for about 15 minutes. Let cool on a rack for about 10 to 15 minutes before removing from pan.



I love coffee and years ago I use to buy those flavored coffee creamers. When I became more health conscious I realized these had to go. But sometimes I really miss them. So, instead of giving in and buying them I decided I could come up with a flavored coffee creamer that was healthier and tasted better! A couple of years ago I came up with what is now our fall favorite, must have, coffee creamer… Pumpkin Spice. 



Pumpkin Pie Coffee Creamer
1 cup half-n-half
½ cup cane juice crystals (can use white sugar instead)
3T canned pumpkin
½ t vanilla
½ t cinnamon
¼ t ginger
1/8 t nutmeg
1/8 t cloves

Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan. Heat until cane juice crystals dissolved and ingredients are well combined. Enjoy in a hot cup of coffee. Store in refrigerator. 



My good friend Erica posted this recipe on her blog ( http://www.thesierramama.com/2011/10/paleo-pumpkin-smoothie-recipe.htm  )
and let me tell you, it is fantastic. And it is an easy treat or breakfast to make. I made it yesterday and my daughter’s and I enjoyed it for breakfast..

Pumpkin Smoothie (makes 3-4 smoothies)
Recipe by Erica
 
2 cups vanilla coconut milk (I use the So Delicious brand)
3 dates, pitted
2 frozen bananas (you can use one banana and add ice if you like to get it to the right consistency)
1/2 cup organic pumpkin (I used the Farmers Market brand today but I have pureed pumpkin in the freezer that I will use too)
dash of cinnamon (it was probably about 1/4 tsp)
dash of nutmeg (about 1/8 tsp)

Blend and enjoy!

Stop by and visit Erica’s blog!! http://www.thesierramama.com/ 

 

Comments

  1. That pumpkin Creamer sounds absolutely lovely! I think I will make some today, thank you : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! My oldest daughter and I are the pumpkin fans. Nobody else. I can't wait to try the coffee creamer! Thanks!
    Love the fall look around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the link up my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great recipes, going to try the pumpkin creamer. Also, I never heard of pumpkin scented soap - going to have to look for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My jaw fell to the ground when I saw the recipe for pumpkin creamer! I was just thinking about trying to make some, since I haven't been able to find any at the store. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have any other recipes for homemade creamers? This sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE pumpkin! LOVE pumpkin recipes!! A friend picked up two Sugar Pie pumpkins for me recently and I know, at least one of them will be a smoothie or ??? before this weekend is up:)
    Thanks!
    Blessings,
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the great pumpkin recipes. I am making a batch of the Pumpkin Coffee Creamer tonight. Yummy! Love fall.
    Jerene

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub