Proverbs 31: 26


Proverbs 31: 26 “She opens her mouth with wisdom, and on her tongue is the law of kindness”

According to the Free Online Dictionary wisdom means: The ability to discern or judge what is true, right, or lasting; insight.



Wisdom comes from our relationship with God and the study of His Word. It comes from time and experience living a godly life. I find it interesting to note that this is the only verse in this section on the Proverbs 31 woman that is directed at how she speaks to others. The other verses are about what she does in her life as a godly woman. I think there is a connection between doing and working the tasks of our daily life the Lord has called us to and the wisdom this produces in us.

I think of all the foolish things I have said over the years and how I have had to learn, sometimes the hard way, the wise thing to say in my communications. I’m still a work in progress. What comes out of our mouths is a reflection of our heart .. "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34. Our relationship with God is what changes the heart.



Can you really ever go wrong by being kind to others? The word law (again, according to the Free Online Dictionary) is: A rule of conduct or procedure established by custom, agreement, or authority. And our authority (and example) is the Lord… Isaiah 54:8 … But with everlasting kindness I will have mercy on you, Says the Lord, your Redeemer and Psalm 36:10 Oh, continue Your lovingkindess to those who know You.



My desire is to continue to have a heart for the Lord and to grow in wisdom each day as I serve and bless my family, to learn more and more what it means to be kind. To speak wisely and kindly to my family and those around me and show them the love of Jesus.
 

Comments

  1. This too has been an area that I have learned some tough lessons and still struggle some times. I feel that the past week has been tough for me and the Lord is bringing his word to me through some of you wonderful ladies I follow in blogland. Thank you Crystal for reminding me to mind what I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May the Lord bless your desire to continue to have a heart for Him. There is nothing that can compare to the joy of knowing Him as our Saviour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your post crystal and isn't it interesting that women struggle the most it seems. Yes, men too struggle but it seems not as much as we do.

    I too have had waaay tooo many times that something said just wasn't necessary, wasn't important or pleasing. I usually have a quiet heart... saying nothing and that's much better, but I need more practice at keeping quiet and using my smile more. My gift to others from God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post to read today. I just bought some of your soaps! I love reading your blog...you are so inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just found your blog. I am a mother with 3 young children and was encouraged by this post. Often feels hard to find women who truly value homemaking. I look forward to reading more. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog, but I was wondering how to get those pictures that you post on because they look really lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub