A Favorite Website

Are you an avid reader? I am! And while I love the library it is not always convenient for me to get there. So I have purchased a lot of books online over the years. I typically purchase them used through Amazon.com. I had quite a large collection of books accumulating when I came across a great site! It is called Paperback Swap. I have been using Paperback Swap now for about a year or so and love it!

The basic idea behind it is that you create an account with them, list the books that you would like to give away. Then when another member requests one of your books you mail it to them, with no shipping charge to the person who requested it (you pay media mail shipping rate and can even print out the shipping wrapper w/postage on their site) . This will give you one credit. 


Now with your credit you can request a book from another member, they pay the shipping to send the book to you. You will get two credits for joining the site to begin with so you can request a book right away to get a feel for it. You will want to start your book list right away (entering in the books you have to give away) so other members can begin to request books from you. It is really easy to use and the site is big with a huge amount of books available to choose from.

Trade Books for Free - PaperBack Swap.
 

Comments

  1. That is a really neat idea! I too order most of my books from Amazon. This seems like a cheaper route to get used books. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love this site! I've been using it for a few years now. I also love that I can make a wish list and they will notify me when a book is posted that I want. Terrific site!
    Rashel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub