Menu Monday!




Good morning! Last weeks menu was all over the place. I was so busy in so many directions and we were out of town as well.

The BBQ pork was delicious...


I served it with tater tots and a salad.  We had that for 2 nights instead of making it into pulled pork sandwiches.

We also had a bbq and I didn't get the full meal picture but I served it with french bread and salad..


And that is where the pictures of our meals ended. Hubby and I were out of town for one night and ate out and the following night we got home late and picked up a take and bake pizza and a salad on our way home. 

Over the weekend I pulled out a couple freezer meals and on Sunday Hubby had another freezer meal and I had a salad. 

I did make the potato hamburger and bacon casserole for my daughter. She said they all loved it and ate almost the whole thing. I also made her some pulled pork and chili (her after baby meals). 

*******************

So this week should be less hectic and here is my plan...

Meatball Sub Casserole - I have frozen meatballs in the freezer and THIS recipe looks really good. I'll serve it with a veggie or salad on the side. 

Salsa chicken over brown rice and a salad (this is from last week) - I do this one in the crockpot. I put my desired amount of chicken thighs  (usually about a pound) in the crockpot, cover with a cup or so of salsa, add some salt & pepper and put it a about 4oz cream cheese. I let this cook on low all day (6 to 8 hours) and shred the chicken and over brown rice. It could also be used as taco filling..

Navy Bean Soup - I'll use my trusty standard recipe that I've used for years only I'll cut the recipe to about a third of what I use to make. You can find my recipe HERE.  I'll serve this with rolls or corn muffins and a salad.

Corned Beef & Cabbage - I'm going to cook up one of those yummy corned beef briskets that I bought last week along with cabbage, carrots and potatoes. I'll make it in my Instant Pot. When my daughter was here last year she made it in the IP and it turned out sooo good. I bought another one and we had again a couple weeks later and that is how I cooked it, in my IP. Turned out wonderful. I can't find the exact recipe she used, but THIS one is pretty much how we both did it. 


That should do it for us for the week!
Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub