Wednesday Snap Shot




Good morning friends! I hope your week is going well. I am happy to have a Wednesday that I am home and able to get this post out early in the day. As I write this I'm waiting for it to be lighter outside to take my 'view from the deck' picture.

My weekend was quiet and I was able to make progress on a few needed things. On Sunday I had a 2 hour phone visit with my oldest daughter. It was so nice to talk. We text often, but there is nothing like a phone call :).

On Monday we were finally able to take my son out for his birthday dinner. We had a great time. His girlfriend came too...


And we invited his brothers. Pizza was my son's choice and we went to a restaurant that I had never been to and it was some of the best pizza I've had in a while..


It was a fun evening for the 6 of us.. 

 
Yesterday was a long day in town. Hubby and I had an appointment downtown in the city and it always takes so long to get there in the morning hours with all the rush hour traffic. So we were out the door bright and early. Afterwards we ran errands and did the grocery shopping.We were home late and it was good to have leftover chili in the fridge making our dinner an easy one. 

A day at home is sounding great to me today! :)


Goals
I have my to do list written out already..

~Change sheets
~2 loads laundry
~Clean the fridge (should have done that before grocery shopping, but such is life sometimes :)
~Pay a bill online

And of course the regular daily jobs of feeding the animals and making dinner.


For the Love of Books!
I finished My Antonia by Willa Cather and loved it. If you like pioneer type stories you will enjoy this book.

I'm reading Swiss Family Robinson right now. Of course I've seen the movie many times. It was a favorite of my children when they were younger. I wanted to read the book for fun and to see the differences between the book and the movie. I know my children would have loved the book. And for some reason I really enjoy these 'stranded on an island' type books so it's enjoyable to me for that as well. 


Projects
My biggest project today will be getting through my to-do list! Ha, ha. :D I have projects I want to work on but today will be household jobs.


Fitness and Health
I got my 10,000 steps in a few times over the last week but not as often as I'd like, I was just to busy. Today I'm planning on making time for my walk.
 

View from my Deck
This has been a crazy winter. It hasn't felt like winter at all. Other then a dusting of snow last month we have not had any more. We normally don't get a lot of snow and some winters we've had none. The last few winters have had much more snow and ice. I am quite happy with this mild winter.

Today I see lots of clouds and rain is in the forecast and the wind is blowing fiercely. Starting tomorrow I see a long stretch of dry days which will be very nice.


Today's weather: High: 53 Low: 41


That's all for this week my friends,
Crystal

Comments

  1. I enjoy your blog. I’m an empty nester, but I only had two children. I find myself being very melancholy these days as my children don’t live close.
    Looking forward to Spring and getting outdoors to garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kathy 😊 it's very hard when your children don't live close 😔 over the years I have had children living overseas and in the military and it was a struggle for me. Several of mine live out of state so I can relate. Plus for me January is a tough month.. it's long and the days are short. I too am looking forward to spring! 😊
      Crystal 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub