Menu Monday!!


 



The rainy season is officially here in the PNW. After a very long dry summer, the rain seems to be here and cooler temps right along with it. Welcome fall! And welcome more time in the kitchen. Something about the rain and cooler temps makes me want to spend a little more time in the kitchen. Just feels homey I guess. There is nothing like the smells of soup and bread baking in the kitchen on a gray fall day. This weeks menu reflects a bit of this.

I'm planning 4 meals this week as I'm thinking some may not last us for more than meal.



Pumpkin Chili
Whenever I think of pumpkin of think sweet things, like muffins, cookies, pies, bread, etc. But pumpkin can have a savory side as well! :) I have some pumpkin in the fridge and decided this would be a good idea.  I'll share the recipe if turns out good. I plan on serving the soup with some garlic bread and a salad.


Chicken Pot Pie
Chicken pot pie
is a comfort food. Perfect for a cool fall evening. I'll make a big pan of chicken pot pie and will be able to warm up on my pie crust skills before the holidays! A nice big green salad will be served on the side.


Tacos w/all the trimmings
An easy quick meal for the week. I cook up and season the meat in one pan. I either make or use store bought refried beans and often mix them with a can of canned chili. My boys like that on their tacos. And then of course have chopped tomatoes, onions, and grated cheese on the side. Tortilla chips and salsa are must haves in our home to go along with this meal.


Lasagna Soup
If you love lasagna then you'll probably enjoy this soup. It is good! If I'm in the baking mood I may just make a batch of homemade dinner rolls to serve with this soup.


That is all for the week! How is your menu coming along?


 

Comments

  1. Hi from Australia 🌞
    Down here, pumpkin is almost always used for savoury food, with the exception of pumpkin scones, so I'm very keen to hear the verdict of your pumpkin chilli 😃
    I love your blog, and and always feel a great sense of peacefulness and contentment after reading your posts. You have a serene soul 🌺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pumpkin chili was delish!! I posted the recipe here: http://homesteadinghomemaker.blogspot.com/2015/11/pumpkin-chili.html Thank you for your kind comments.. :)

      Delete
  2. I love cooking and being in the kitchen. But with my husbands new healthy eating and excercise, I'm not doing much of the comfort cooking that I used to do. No breads or desserts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is hard!! But I understand. I hope he does great with his healthy efforts!

      Delete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub