Cream of Mushroom Soup



Not in the sense of “condensed cream of mushroom soup” used for cooking. But rather a soup.. for eating.. that is very yummy!! I had about 16oz of mushrooms that I did not use up as fast as I had thought I would. I could have given them to the goats or tossed them in the freezer to use in my next batch of veggie stock, but instead I wanted to make them into soup; which I did last night to go with our dinner. It was delish and my family ate it all up. I served it along with sautéed sausages & cabbage, cornbread and a salad. It would make a great simple lunch or an addition to your dinner meal. 





Cream of Mushroom Soup

16oz fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 stick butter
6T flour
4 cups chicken broth
1 ½ to 2 cups half n half
1t salt
dash of pepper

In a large stock pot melt butter. Add mushrooms, onions and garlic. Sautee until all veggies are soft. Add flour and stir it in. Add chicken broth and stir to remove lumps. Stir and bring to a boil. Let the soup boil for a minute or two to thicken up. Remove from heat. Add 1 ½ cups half n half. If you want your soup thinner, and the extra ½ cup of half n half. Add salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!!

This recipe can easily be cut in half.

To print this recipe click on the blog post title and you will find a “print” button on the bottom of the page.

 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub