Homemade Gift Idea: Dish Towel Apron



Christmas is fast approaching! If you’re in need of a quick gift idea this dish towel apron may be just the project. It requires basic sewing skills and goes together very quickly. Using dish towels means no raw edges to think about!! :)

You will need 2 cotton dish towels that coordinate and some ½ or 1 inch twill tape.

I purchased my dish towels at Target. I got 5 in a package and the cost was $10. You will use 2 for the apron. I figured $4 an apron was pretty good (plus the cost of the twill tape, I had some on hand already). For my pack of 5 dish towels I got 2 aprons and an extra towel for my kitchen, or it could be put in a gift basket along with the apron.



You can find detailed instructions for the apron on this site: http://thepickledweasel.blogspot.com/2009/11/christmas-making-tea-towel-apron.html 

Lay out your towels…



Sew them together….

 


Use the twill tape for the neck and ties…




And you are done…


 

Comments

  1. Great idea! Boy, I can't wait to get started on some of these projects I am lining up! I told my hubby that my book reading was going to have to wait for a while. I have other things I am learning (and liking) to do...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I wish I'd seen your post earlier, this is way too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is that! of course the model is adorable too ;) I love this, it's easy, quick and cute... I'm gonna try this. THANK YOU

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I love this idea!!! I'm going to quickly whip some up today to add to my son's teacher gifts! What a fun easy project! Thank you!

    Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, how easy is this and so cute. I like the towels.Will make fabulous gifts! Thanks for the ideas!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub