Homemade Gift Idea: Chai Tea Mix

Here is a great little drink mix that is quick to put together and makes a wonderful gift. I make a few batches of it this time of year, not just for gift giving, but also so we can enjoy it too because it is delicious!!

Here is the recipe..

Chai Tea Mix
Crystal Miller

2 ½ cups cane juice crystals or white sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups powdered milk
1 ½ cups unsweetened instant tea
2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp cardamom

In a small bowl combine cane juice crystal’s and vanilla and allow to dry. After it has dried out break up any clumps. In a large bowl mix all ingredients well. In a blender blend 1 cup at a time of the mix to make it a fine powder. Store in a glass jar or ziplock bag. To serve mix 2 rounded tablespoons of Chai tea mixture into a mug and add hot water. 


Enjoy often during this holiday season!

Here is how it’s made..

You first begin by making your vanilla sugar. You can purchase vanilla sugar but it is kind of spendy but oh so easy to make. Measure out your sweetener (cane juice crystal’s or sugar) and add the vanilla…

Start by mixing it with a fork but then use your hands to make sure it gets incorporated very well. Allow this to dry. I typically mix this together the evening before I make the mix and let it sit out to dry overnight..






In a large bowl combine the vanilla sugar, powdered milk, instant tea and spices…



Mix it well..


You will need a blender to mix the ingredients into a fine powder. I add 1 to 2 cups at a time and blend it finely….




Now put it into canning jars or any type of container you desire for gift giving…



 

Comments

  1. OH, this is super cute...and I love chai tea. I used to buy Oregon chai tea mix. This recipe is so good, I'm going to have to share it on Facebook too :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this idea, thank you very much. i'm really glad i found your blog and always look forward to getting the emails to new posts!

    do you have any ideas for an inexpensive homemade gift for a manly-man type of guy. it's my brother-in-laws birthday sunday and i'm broke.

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anon… homemade gifts for men can be such a challenge.. My suggestion for someone short on time and money is always food gifts. The simplest and most fugal is a gallon bag full of caramel corn or I have a recipe for Sweet Treat Popcorn ( http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/sweetreatpopcorn.htm ) You could add a small bag/container of pistachios or some type of mixed nuts and/or maybe some cookies or homemade fudge.. Crystal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks quiverfull. i think he might like the fudge & cookies, and i'm gonna check out the popcorn recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic idea ...... I can't find any place that carries the instant tea, though (I live in Canada).

    Crystal, do you still have your recipe for Instant Potato Soup? I made it a long time ago and now, I can't find the recipe ..... could you share it, again? Thanks. ˚Ãœ˚

    ReplyDelete
  6. Becky.. you could try mixing the ingredients together minus the instant tea and then add them to a cup of brewed tea..

    My instant potato soup mix can be found here: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/potatosoupmix.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks delicious, Crystal! I love chai tea! While I'm here I wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a blog award/meme. Please check out http://rebeccashearthandhome-proverbs31heart.blogspot.com/2011/12/blog-award.html if you'd like to participate, and Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this rocks!! I put a splish more vanilla in it... just didn't taste vanilla-y enough :) I used sucanat and found I had no cloves, so after having already added the other spices, I added a little allspice since it has cloves, cinnamon and nutmeg and I had been considering adding a bit of nutmeg already. It works (in case any of you wonder if slight changes make it okay, still)

    By the way... we don't HAVE to give it away as gifts, do we?? :)

    -Kel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub