Wednesday Snap Shot




Good morning! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas. Ours was very nice. It was a small group for us. There were 12 of us here altogether. We enjoyed family time and food. Two of our boys spent the night and on Christmas morning (we had our family celebration on Christmas Eve) we had a relaxing time talking, drinking coffee and eating leftovers and Christmas goodies. 

My grandkids loved their new fort kit!  They got busy with it right away.  I'm excited that they'll have a lot of fun building and using their imaginations to create more...


I was able to talk with my oldest daughter in Kentucky and got tons of pictures of her children. These are her kids in the picture below.  I so wish we could have spent the holiday together with them, but such is life when your children live 3000 miles away. We're hoping next year they can be here for Christmas. 

 

We're actually not done with our holiday yet. Today we'll be visiting family, tomorrow we'll be going to see my hubby's mom and her husband and my sister in law and then towards the end of the week we'll be driving down to Sacramento to see our other children. So we have a busy week ahead!


Goals
Other then visiting family today I need to do a little shopping in prep for our trips coming up. When I get home I'm going put the Christmas tree and holiday decorations away. By the time we get back it will be 2019 and I love to start the new year with a clean house and fresh goals.



For the Love of Books!
I finished reading Moby Dick. I liked the book ok, but found it to be rather long in getting to the main focus of it all, the big white whale. The ending was rather disappointing too.

I haven't started a new book yet. I'll do that after I get home.


Projects
No new projects for now. I still have projects I want to do but for now I'm taking a break. :)


Fitness and Health
Fitness and health got lost somewhere in all the holiday festivities! Ha, ha!!


View from my Deck
It's a cloudy day but not to cold. Today is supposed to be cloudy all day with a bit of rain and drizzle. The weather has actually been more mild for this time of year than it is normally. I'm enjoying that..


When I went outside to take this picture I saw 3 visiting ducks in the pond. It's hard to see, I zoomed in as much as I could. The little black spots to the right of picture are the visitors, over on the left side at the top of the picture is a white spot.. that is my duck, Ping. I don't think he is appreciating his new friends! He's staying far from them. :) 

 
Today's weather: High: 44 Low: 39


That is all for this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub