Menu Monday!




I realized as I was planning my meals this week that this is the last full week before Christmas. The holiday will be here before I know it. I need to turn my attention to planning our family's Christmas dinner.

But first, I need a few meals planned out for this week....


Monday: Sausage, rice & veggie skillet dinner. I cook the rice separately and while that is cooking I fry up a pound of Jimmy Dean sausage along with a chopped onion, a couple sliced mushrooms, 2 or 3 mini peppers and a handful of chopped kale or spinach. When the rice is done I add that to the sausage and veggies. You can add as little or as much rice as you'd like depending on how many servings you want. I typically have a green salad on the side. 
 

Tuesday: Hawaiian BBQ Chicken, chow mien noodles, stir fried cabbage and onions. I make the chicken in my IP. I use about 2 to 3 pounds of chicken thighs (breasts will also work, I prefer thighs because they are not as dry). I put them in my IP (frozen or defrosted chicken work, but the sauce is much thinner if you use frozen. I typically like to defrost the chicken first, but I have done it both ways). Mix together 1 cup bbq sauce and 1 can coconut milk and a teaspoon of red chili flakes if you like a smidge of heat). Pour over the chicken and cook on “Manual” for about 10 minutes. Allow pressure to naturally release for about 10 minutes and then do a quick release. If you want to thicken up the sauce you can remove the chicken and turn the IP to “Saute” and stir 2T cornstarch with 2T water and add to sauce. Let this simmer until it has thickened slightly.


Wednesday: Spaghetti, french bread, salad – pretty basic and quick. I had this meal on the menu last Sunday but ended up not needing because I still had leftovers we were eating.


Thursday: Leftovers


Friday: Mexican chicken corn chowder. You can find this recipe HERE. It's a Taste of Home recipe and it looks pretty good. I'll serve it with some toasted french bread slices and a salad


Saturday: Leftovers


Sunday: If I need another meal I'll make a big pan of enchiladas to last us a couple days. With Christmas right around the corner I don't want a lot of leftovers in my fridge. I'll need the space for Christmas cooking.


That should do it for us. Hope you have a great week!

Crystal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub