Wednesday Snap Shot




Good afternoon! WSS is out late today due to a power outage. A double wide is being put in somewhere around here and I guess they had to shut off the power and move the lines so it could be delivered.

In any case, all is good now as my hubby fired up the generator for a bit so we could have a cup of coffee (priorities, you know, ha, ha) and get some internet long enough for me to get this post out.

This has been a crazy week since I last posted. I had visits from 2 of my daughters, grandbabies and my daughters best friend and her boyfriend came up as well. All good kinds of busy for sure.

Yesterday I had 2 pre-op appointments for my upcoming eye surgery. It did help to give me a sense of peace. I still deal with throat muscle issues and that was a concern to me because I will have to be put out during the surgery. I feel a bit of stress at the thought of having to be put out again. After my experience in January and waking up to a complete nightmare it would be hard not to deal with stress. I'm praying that all goes smoothly and that the Lord gives me peace. And most of all I'm praying for my eyesight to be fixed and to be able to see properly once again. It's been over 2 years now that I have dealt with double vision and it has been a difficult journey. I'm cautiously excited to be on the other side of this and to be able to function again.

My surgery is scheduled for next Wednesday. If you feel led would you say a prayer for all to go smoothly? I would so appreciate that.

I will keep you posted. I won't have a full WSS next week because it will be surgery day. I may post it on Tuesday to go out on Wednesday, I'll see how the week goes.  It's supposed to a one day, out patient surgery and I should be home that evening.

The other evening I was looking out one of my windows and saw I had a sweet little visitor enjoying some blackberries. Even my kitty liked watching him. He saw both of us and it didn't seem to bother him at all. 



 
Goals
I had more plans for my day until I had no power. Such is life. I was able to run a load of dishes (thanks to the generator), and pick up and straighten up around here. The power should be on soon and I plan to start some laundry and work on dinner. After that hubby and I will enjoy some pond time and relaxing. The summer days are quickly closing down here and the feel of fall is in the air.



For the Love of Books!
I have not done a whole lot of reading lately. I've made more progress through Oliver Twist and am getting close to finishing that and am currently in 2 Corinthians in my Bible reading.



Fitness and Health
I was able to have 3 or 4 days in the last 7 days reaching my 10,000 step goal. I did Leslie Sansone workouts because it was early in the morning (still dark and too early to go out and walk) and because we were still dealing with so much smoke in the air and the air quality was horrible. I figured it was better not to be out in all that.

I'm looking forward to having my eyesight back to normal as a friend and I want to walk together. It's nice to have company when walking. It does help the motivation!



View from my Deck
We had a couple crisp clear days when the winds changed direction and cleared out the smoke. Some of it is back now and it's not real noticeable in the picture.  Just a bit of haze in the skies. 

 
It's 78 out right now and the breeze is blowing and my windows are open. I'm not sure if we'll actually get to today's high or not. The nights cool down quickly and it's making me think more and more of fall.


Today's weather: High: 82    Low: 59


That is all for this week! Hope you are having a fantastic week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub