Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot will have a little different look for awhile. When I'm back up and running again, I'll return to the previous format.


Good morning and Happy Spring! Is it looking like spring where you are? 

I just spent a good deal of my morning texting with two of my out of state daughters. Always nice to spend time catching up with them. My oldest daughter is 10 days late with her baby and is getting impatient. Those last days of pregnancy can be so difficult especially if you are late.

My week has been good so far. I had a few of my kids here over the weekend and that was so nice. My daughter did the cooking which is always great! :)

Yesterday was grocery shopping day and we restocked the kitchen with food for the week.  I'm planning another grocery haul post soon. 

Being Frugal
I had tacos on my menu for Monday night. When I went to make dinner I realized I also had some leftover potatoes from the weekend. One of my frugal missions is to not have food waste and use up leftovers. So I made a variation with my tacos. I cut up the potatoes and fried them to crisp them up.



Then I used the potatoes and my taco meat along with cheese and made more of a burrito then a taco. We also added salsa, tomatoes and a little hot sauce and served it with a salad. It was very yummy! 


 

I ended up having enough of this to feed us for two nights.


Steps, Steps, Steps
I know walking is one of the best things I can do to continue to heal and regain strength. I had a few days with 4000/5000 steps. My FitBit has a feature that encourages me to walk at least 250 steps each hour. The idea is to remind a person to be active throughout the day. The FitBit will give me a little buzz at 10 minutes to the hour and let me know it's time to get some steps in. I try and do this as often as possible throughout the day and on the good days try and do better then previous times.


Goals
Today's goals are simple enough.

~I have a corned beef that I bought yesterday to cook up in my Instant Pot. I'll be using this to make Reuben sandwiches for dinner tonight.

~I need to put clean sheets on one of my guest beds. I have them washed and folded and they've been sitting and waiting for me to do this.

~Get more steps in

~Keep up on some basic household chores


Today's Weather
After 2 or 3 beautifully sunny days today is overcast with rain in the forecast.

Today's high will be 54 and the low 32

This mornings view from my deck...




and my duck, Ping, enjoying the pond..




Well that is all for this week's Wednesday Snap Shot! I hope you all are having a great week.

Comments

  1. Crystal,, it's nice to see you recovered and are back on your feet tackling life as it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a pond and a cute little duck like ping to look at every day. It's a beautiful view. I'm sure you enjoy it daily. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful view from your deck!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub