Menu Monday!

 



I'm not sure what Menu Monday will be looking like over the next several weeks. Mostly because of my eating restrictions and the fact that my daughter Emily came up from Sacramento and spent a week with me in the middle of February and while she was here she cooked up several meals and put them into individual servings in the freezer. These are the meals that my hubby has been eating. I've cooked a couple of times so far but my energy is returning and I'd like to see if I can do a little more in the kitchen.

Some of my kitchen endeavors are going to be super simple. Tonight's dinner is an example of that. I have orange chicken and pot stickers from Costco in the freezer. That is easy to cook up and hubby is in charge of salad making. So we'll have that for dinner. I know I can eat the pot stickers and I'll see how I do on the chicken. I've also been able to have basic salads (no hard or crunchy type veggies in it) as long as there is dressing to soften up the lettuce.


My thoughts for the rest of the week...

Pork Chops
I have a small package of pork chops in the freezer and am going to figure out a good way to cook them. I want to also serve potatoes and some roasted veggies with this.


Pulled Pork Sandwiches
My daughter made the pulled pork while she was here and put a couple containers of it in the freezer. I'll pick up some coleslaw and we'll have sandwiches. Hubby can have potato chips on the side with his.


Skillet Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese
I found THIS recipe online and it met my criteria.. easy to make, and something soft enough for me to eat. I'll serve a salad or cooked broccoli on the side. If I have leftovers I'll freeze them for my hubby to take to work.


That is all for this week..


Comments

  1. Woo Hoo Crystal - Menu Monday is back which is wonderful - just keep taking good care of yourself - you are such a blessing to us!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub