Wednesday Snap Shot




Wednesday Snap Shot is a quick peek into my week.

If you'd like to join in on my Wednesday Snap Shot.. copy and paste my post, add your answers (you can also copy the pic).. link your post to my blog and then come back and let me know you shared your week. I'll come and visit you and read about your homemaking week!! :)



So Far This Week
What a great week I had! Hubby and I drove down to California to visit my daughter Emily and hubby and my precious little grandboy! He has grown so much since November.

It is a 12/13 hour drive for us so on the way there we decided to go at a little slower pace. We spent the night after driving about halfway. The next morning I had the joy of stopping to see a friend of mine and her husband. We had coffee and a wonderful visit for a couple hours. We hopped back on the road and made it to my daughters by dinner time.

First thing I did when I got there was to pick up my grandbaby.. Emily captured this great pic..



Here was another one I took of him...



With our weather being so wet and rainy we were really hoping for a little sunshine and dry weather in CA. But our first day there was rainy. However the second day the sun came out and it was much more pleasant. That was such a treat as it was my birthday and I could not have asked for a better gift then time with my kids, my grandbaby, and some sunshine. My son in law snapped this pic of hubby and me as we were walking all around downtown Sacramento.
 


Sacramento is a very nice city. As many of you may know, I love my coffee (as in coffee, not sweetened coffee drinks)! There is a great coffee shop that is a MUST stop each time we are there. Old Soul Coffee Company is the name. They make the best coffee ever. So of course we stopped in there on our walk around town...



We headed home on Sunday and drove straight through. It felt good to be home but I sure missed my little guy. He is such a sweetheart.

Monday and Tuesday were all about getting life back together, unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping and all the rest.



On My To-Do List
Today I am giving my bedroom some attention. It needs vacuuming and dusting and some clutter control. :)

Other then that I'll be making pulled pork for dinner and maybe another meal so I don't have to cook for a few days.



Projects I'm Working On
My poor neglected baby blanket. It sits there waiting for me to get back at it. That is plan to try and make some major progress on it over the next few days.


Today's Weather
Rain all day.. sigh.. I'm ready for some dry days!

High 53, Low 42


The View from my Deck (or window)
It is hard to capture rain in a photo, but trust me it is pouring down right now and very grey out. 

This pic is from my window. I really did not want to walk outside in the pouring rain. :)





What I'm Reading
I started reading the Innocence of Father Brown. It is an older book about a Catholic priest who has a knack for solving crimes. I'm enjoying it, however the book is not one story written out over the span of the book, but rather each chapter is another mystery that Father Brown solves. Not sure that is quite my style so I'll have to think a bit about whether or not I'll read another one.

I plan to catch up on my Bible reading as well over the next few days. I'm in 2nd Chronicles and should be able to finish it by the end of the weekend.


What I'm Listening To
I'm listening to the rain fall, and my hubby chatting with me as I write.


Something Frugal I've Done This Week
I've shared this one before, but it is what I did frugal this week. :) While on the road we took our own food with us. Mostly snackie type stuff, but healthy as in fruit and nuts and such. Much better option health wise and money wise then fast food on the road.


Fitness and Health for the Week
Prior to leaving on our little trip I was able to get out and walk a few times and get over my 10,000 steps. Just had to take advantage of the breaks in the rain to do it! While in Sacramento we did a lot of walking so I had days when I did get my steps in. This coming week I see some dry days which I'm very thankful for. My daughter Hannah and I are hoping to get out with the kids and enjoy some of these nice days. Both of us are missing our walk times together. It is so much more fun to walk with her and my grandbabies then to walk by myself! :)



 

Comments

  1. I am catching up on your posts and was delighted to see you are reading Father Brown. We have recently starting watching this on Netflix and thought about trying to read some of the books. If you have netflix check out Father Brown. It is a wonderful show. I'll have to see if I can get one of the books from the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal! Thanks for sharing your week! I shared mine too on my blog if you want to take a look http://thehealthetarianwoman.blogspot.com/2017/04/wednesday-snap-shot.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub