Friday in the Kitchen




Friday in the Kitchen is about sharing some of the food I've been cooking in my kitchen recently.


Cream of Asparagus Soup
I made this soup recently and it was delicious! I've been looking at ways to add more veggies into our diet, in creative ways, and this one was a hit. This was served with tuna melts made on english muffins. It was a very nice meal. 



You can find the recipe HERE. I followed it pretty much as written. However I did not have chicken stock and so I used water and added a little extra salt.



Veggies in the Diet
Here was something else I did recently. I was not sure what I was going to do with my veggies, but, I cut up an onion, some mushrooms, mini peppers, and celery. I sautéed them up in a little coconut oil until they were soft. I used them over the next couple of days. 



One way I used them was on a sandwich. I had fried up some bacon one morning and made a little extra. For lunch I took a sub sandwich roll and toasted it, laid a couple strips of bacon on it, warmed up some of the veggies and put those on top of the bacon and sprinkled cheese on top and put it under the broiler to melt. It was an amazing sandwich!  (the picture does not look as good as it tasted.. ha, ha! :)



The next day for my lunch I cut up some kale and sautéed that until it was just about soft and then added some of the veggie mix. Heated it up and put it over rice. 




Instant Pot Cheat Sheet
When you start cooking with an Instant Pot there is a learning curve. There are new methods and times to cook even just basic things like hard boiled eggs or beans. I know I can get tired of constantly looking the times up on line. Well, I have a great link to share with you. It is an Instant Pot Cheat Sheet. Gives you some basic times for commonly made items.

I've shared with you about my dear friend, Laurie, in the past. She has a great blog, Successful Homemakers, and she is the one who has made these nifty little sheets. If you head on over to her blog you print them out: http://successfulhomemakers.com/2-free-instant-pot-cheat-sheets/




That is all from my kitchen for this week!!





Comments

Post a Comment

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)

Popular posts from this blog

Canning Cabbage

Canning Chicken Noodle-less Soup

Dishwasher Soap Sub