Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pulled Pork Sandwiches



These sandwiches were a huge hit at my house last week. I had a frozen 3# pork shoulder roast. I put in the crockpot on low before I went to bed. I let it cook through the night and until the afternoon the next day. When it was well cooked and falling apart tender I removed the meat from the crockpot and took off all the fat. I shredded the meat and put it in a stock pot. I poured bbq sauce over it all and heated it up. I served it on buns with coleslaw. It was sooo yummy!

I tried out a new bbq sauce recipe. I found it here: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Big-Als-KC-Bar-B-Q-Sauce/Detail.aspx?evt19=1  Honestly it was the best bbq sauce I’ve made. It made a big batch and I did not use it all. I added maybe a cup or so? Not sure because I just added it and mixed it up until it looked right to me.

I made my own coleslaw from my recipe: http://www.thefamilyhomestead.com/coleslaw1.htm 

I served it with potato chips for a tasty and easy meal!!






1 comment:

  1. YUMMY! That's the way we do bbq here in Memphis. Cole slaw right on top. Enjoy your blog so much. Lord Bless

    ReplyDelete

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)