Saturday, August 24, 2013

Recipes from my Kitchen


I tried a new recipe for guacamole. It was so yummy! I’ve been using my standard recipe for years but was read to try something new. I found one online: http://blogs.babycenter.com/life_and_home/four-seasons-secret-guacamole-ole/   It was amazing! If you like guacamole.. then I recommend you give it a try!




Instead of the taco filling I was going to make I decided I needed a crockpot meal for the day. So I came up with this one..

Crockpot Mexican Soup
 

1 cup dried black beans
2 ½ to 3lbs beef pot roast, cut into chunks
4 cups chicken broth
4 cups corn, frozen or canned (drained if using canned)
1 medium onion, diced
1 red or green pepper, chopped
1 to 2 jalapeno chopped peppers, remove as many seeds as you like, the more seeds the hotter the soup
2t chili powder
2t cumin
Salt & pepper, to taste

Do a quick soak of the beans. To do this, put beans in a large pot and cover well with water. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Turn heat off and let beans sit for 1 hour. Drain.

After beans have been drained put in the bottom of a large crockpot. Place beef on top and add chicken broth. Add remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 10 to 12 hours.

I served this soup along with the guacamole & tortilla chips and a salad. It was a delish meal!

 

1 comment:

  1. I love guacamole! I just started making it with my pico de gallo this summer (if I had an avocado laying around). This soup sounds great! Got to try it!

    ReplyDelete

All messages are moderated. After approval your message will be posted. Thank you for your comments!! Crystal :)